MYSQL issue - access denied - URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

codingme

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I have created database and user and assigned user to database.

I tried connecting to mysql with PHP script and passing the parameters of username/password etc. But I'm getting following error.

I got frustated by giving answer to support guys they are not able to understand the problem. I have newly registered on this site.

Problem is with user permission. They will have to grant permission to my username.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'codingme_mhuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/codingme/public_html/moutainhills.com/connect.php on line 15

Please can anybody help me!! Its urgent.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
did you try deleting the user and creating a new one?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I can't see anything wrong. I can create users on my account without problem. The server is having work done on it, so your problem may be related. You probably will have to wait for the staff to respond to your ticket.

The last thing you can try is to create a user with a completely different name. It looks like you used 'codingme_mhuser' both times.

swedman

Reaction score
I got the same problem, it worked before but I noticed today I got "access denied".

The site can be found at goodfriends.x10hosting.com

Here is my PHP MySQL config:
PHP:
    $mysql_settings['server'] = 'localhost';
    $mysql_settings['username'] = 'swedman_gfsite';
    $mysql_settings['password'] = '*************';
and
PHP:
        $mysql = mysql_connect($mysql_settings['server'], $mysql_settings['username'], $mysql_settings['password']) or die("Couldn't connect to database! Reason: " . mysql_error());

and
Code:
[B]Warning[/B]:  mysql_connect() [[URL="http://goodfriends.x10hosting.com/function.mysql-connect"]function.mysql-connect[/URL]]: Access denied for user 'swedman_gfsite'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in [B]/home/swedman/public_html/files/sites/init.php[/B] on line [B]30[/B]

Yes, the password is correct, I checked it many times now...

Here is from the mysql settings in cPanel:
x10mysql.png

Last edited:

sharper

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, first it was working, then something seemed to have happened and I deleted my user, then recreated 3 times with new names and passwords and since then no luck! Very frustrating!

I have emailed tech support so hold thumbs, maybe something has happened on the server...

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
all three of you that has problems is on Absolut server, one of the one that are having their account moved to a new server. It is very likely to be related to that process.

more info can be found here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/98132-update.html

Seem that this is causing a bit odd behaviors on the servers involved, many users on the affected servers are reporting issues.

swedman

Reaction score
I also got the problem when I deleted my account and created a new one, and I suspected that it was related to this "Upgrade" thing... Will have to use another host until this starts working again, hopefully not for too long though, I prefer x10hosting :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
should only be a few more days, unless anything unforeseen comes up

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
I also got the problem when I deleted my account and created a new one, and I suspected that it was related to this "Upgrade" thing... Will have to use another host until this starts working again, hopefully not for too long though, I prefer x10hosting :)

all who use x10hosting one time they prefer it.. and i hope x10hosting will be back soon in good stats

sharper

Reaction score
Looks like Absolut is 100% finished now, but still having the same problems with db access! :dunno:

Anyone else?

zubair12

Banned
Reaction score
You should submit a support ticket for staff support... i think they can help you

sharper

Reaction score
I did, but its no where nearer getting resolved it seems... I will keep trying - is anyone else still having this problem?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nope, my databases are working perfectly right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.