MySQL PHP Errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbillsx1

Reaction score
Still not working for me. I believe all they need to do is revert the MYSQL to the older version or use a different PHP. But I'll sit and wait.. nothing else I can do at this point. :D Good luck to the admins.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with mismatched versions, as we've not changed versions. This appears to be a problem with CageFS. We are working on it.

mt4indic

Reaction score
x02 has the same problem and BTW I love the free service and at the beginning of the month when I get my paycheck i'm upgrading :)
I tried to login to my ocart admin and it gives me invalid login
this is the message:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:50173 Library:50531 in /home/mt4indic/public_html/ocart/system/database/mysqli.php on line 6

then it takes me back to the login page saying:
invalid token

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
This Warning - is now thrown by all three (3) x10hosting's free-hosting servers
you can also receive one or more like "Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by..." after the above Warning
which will stop (kill) some CMS

nemesis0one

Reaction score
As a quick fix you can do the following to hide the error untill the server admin figure out whats going on.
Open the complaining file in a good editor like Notepad++ & navigate to the line number stated in the error, if theres more than 1 file in the errors above the header then you will have to find the 1 that has the details to connect to the database, as an example, your looking for something like this on that line
$con = mysql_connect("$server","$username","$password"); or $this->pdo = new PDO("mysql:host=" . Config::read('hostname') . ";dbname=" . Config::read('database') so on, so on.
If you add a @ at the beginning of the line the error will be removed, so its like this @$con = mysql_connect("$server","$username","$password"); or @$this->pdo = new PDO("mysql:host=" . Config::read('hostname') . ";dbname=" . Config::read('database') and so on, so on.

If more than 1 error is showing,dont worry theres only 1 file that needs the alteration
Refresh you page & the error should be gone.
Please dont forget to remove the @ after the issue has been resolved.

Last edited:

forumall

Reaction score
Can we please have an update? The status page hasn't been updated for this issue in ages. My forum cannot run because of this error.

Please help!

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.

We're working on a fix for this, however we need to test it before we can deploy it to the servers.

forumall

Reaction score
Help! That error is gone but now I get this!

mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead

Please get these errors fixed! This is a great host but the downtimes suck :(

mt4indic

Reaction score
try using:
$conn = new mysqli($db_server,$db_user,$db_pass,$db_name);
further information available via the online mysqli help file.
Additional commands that may be needed
mysqli_connect_error()
mysqli_error()
cose()

forumall

Reaction score
If you want to bypass this add this to your htacess:
Code:
AddType application/x-httpd-php53 .php .php5 .phtml
It will put your php version to 5.3 which supports mysql.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
It will put your php version to 5.3 which supports mysql.
while PHP [ mysql_connect ] extension is deprecated as of PHP 5.5.0, and will be removed in the future
it is supported up through version 5.5.X
the issue is - starting with PHP version 5.5.0 this function will generate (throw) an [ E_DEPRECATED ] error
###

as I type this - my x10hosting's free-hosting server [ xo3 = (old Level) - IP: 198.91.81.3 ] shows PHP version ==> 5.4.29 <== and I do not receive that [ E_DEPRECATED ] error
the other two (2) x10hosting's free-hosting servers show PHP version ==> 5.5.13 <== and they do throw that [ E_DEPRECATED ] error
###

AFTER you receive that [ E_DEPRECATED ] error
you might receive one or more like "Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by..."
which will stop (kill) some CMS

To receive only those errors that cause applications to stop working put this line at the top of your PHP script file
PHP:
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ (E_NOTICE | E_WARNING | E_DEPRECATED));
This will stop PHP from throwing notice, warning and deprecated errors.

if you use WordPress put that code after [ require_once( ABSPATH .'wp-settings.php' ); ] in the wp-config.php file

Last edited:

spbcx10m

Reaction score
It doesn't effect database connection. Just a server version mismatch with PHP and MySQL; if you want to hide the warnings, put error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_WARNING);
Where do I put 'error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_WARNING);' ?
Do you mean I should create a php.ini file in the public_html folder, or within the body of the page code, or somewhere else? I'm using webcal as part of my site, and get the message from so many different pages I think it would be impossible to find them all, even if I knew exactly what I was doing!. The error does seem to affect the operation of Webcal, since somehow it is stopping me logging in as admin user to make updates to my calendar.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
We've tested a solution to this that seems to work. We will be implementing it today.

wtfmusic

Reaction score
I've had some success on this one; 'they/thePHP Man' have basically deprecated the mysql extension. What they seem to be 'encouraging' is a shift to PDO. msqli extension still works, but throws errors. PDO works (using the sqlite or msql drivers available on x10's servers), and no errors thrown. So learn and use PDO; it's more portable, anyway. And not a steep learning curve if you already know the ins and outs of PHP and mysql. Good starter tut here: http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/why-you-should-be-using-phps-pdo-for-database-access--net-12059

Status
Not open for further replies.