N00b to Website making

Neurosylum

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I joined because I wanted to make a small online community for art-related stuff. Very new to things like this (usually, geocities was just create a page and upload, and the cpanels of other web hosts were really confusing), but now I want to expand.

If you have any tips and tricks, I'd be happy to hear them while trying to get the hang of all this. :)

Edit 1:
Does x10 block hotlinking files from the server? Since this will almost be comprised of graphics, I hope they don't get linked somewhere else and steal bandwidth. :(

Edit 2:
Wow, I'm impressed by how user-friendly the cPanel links are! This is the first free web host that has given links on how to do stuff in their cPanel.

Last edited:

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello, i am almost 99% sure that x10hosting does block hotlinking of images, i know you can do it via cpanel, if you check it out it has a hotlink protection function.

Also, it might be an idea if you are not great at html/php to install a CMS (Content Management System) Such as Joomla, you can access this via the Fantastico section in the cpanel.

torrey

Reaction score
From another novice web builder....Joomla is a great tool that will help you manage your web so much better and easier. I have since moved on to Dreamweaver but started out with Joomla.

coolgbb

Reaction score
hey buddy Im new too and yes joomla is a great content management system. There are lots to choose from out there. I tried joomla, drupal and xoops. I like xoops so far and they are all quite easy to setup and to manage your content with. It is pretty straight forward stuff so just jump in and you'll be fine.

Daniel S

Reaction score
Welcome Neurosylum to x10hosting i hope you enjoy your stay here.

Neurosylum

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I really really appreciate the welcome and advice which I will take to heart. :) Thanks for making me feel very welcome. ^^