Name that font

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Identifying fonts used by other designers is a reccurring problem when asked to build a web site, because the font is probably used for the shopfront signage and all the company stationary so using a substitute on the web site is not an option.

revolution..jpg

There are some useful tools out there that can help, like this one but it's not foolproof and sometimes you just have to ask if somebody knows what it is.

See the above image (snatched from google street view at random) any ideas?

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I use WhatTheFont for that. Just upload or enter the URL of any image containing the font and let it do the rest. Excellent tool.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
DAMM that's handy... but it cant find this one

gflash76

Reaction score
That looks like Sofachrome to me.

Never mind, I was using Camino for Mac and had web advertising blocked. Never saw the original post until I disabled the block. LOL.

I took a stab at it, and I'm not getting much out of it either. I enlarged the image so that it can qualify for the 100 pixel height restriction, but nothing comes to mind here. I'll give it a further go soon.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Identifont asked 50 questions about that one you posted and then listed 50 possibilities XD

It'd be good if you could type in the text you want and then it displayed all the possibilities.

~Callum

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Identifont tends to give better results if you just use the characters that are the most unusual or have certain typography features, fifty to choose from is not that bad cosidering just how many posabilities are out there!

btw .. it's not sofachrome at least I don't think so, is there more than one version?