Nameserver Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphotosx

Reaction score
When I try to point my domain name to x10hosting.com Nameserver to the following
Nameserver 1 − ns1.x10hosting.com
Nameserver 2 − ns2.x10hosting.com

I get the below error from my Domain name provider.....
The DNS servers supplied are not authoritive for your domain. Please check with your hosting provider and try this change again. All change requests are checked in real time with the IEDR's systems.

When I search the form I only get the above namerserver details above, has x10hosting.com change there nameserver details?
Thanks,
Rob

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Who's your registrar?

You can try ns3.x10hosting.com and ns4.x10hosting.com, if you'd like.. though I don't think this is an issue with us, but rather with them. Our DNS servers don't respond to UDP queries on port 53, which, for some reason, some registrars want.

gphotosx

Reaction score
Thanks Neil, for your quick reply. My registrar is letshost.ie. I have emailed them to see if they use port 53 for UDP queries. I let you know their answer.
Rob

gphotosx

Reaction score
Hi Neil,
My Registrar has replied to my email with the following answer...
Your DNS update was rejected because the nameservers aren't authoritative for the domain you are working on. IE domain have different DNS server requirements over other types of domain names (.com/.net/.org/.biz etc). It is a common problem that some hosting providers which do not host IE domains frequently are not aware of this and some confusion and frustration can arise in relation to a new domain going live, or when a domains DNS is being changed.
This requirement is enforced by the IE domain registry, not LetsHost. DNS servers which are nominated to host IE domains must be 'authoritative' for the domain in question. If they do not have a DNS zone configured, the IEDR will reject the DNS change. This zone needs to be the same (same serial) in all the Name Servers being applied. Once DNS is authoritative, the change will be accepted by the IEDR and propagation will start to take effect in the next IEDR zone reload.
Only your hosting provider will be able to fix this up for you (as they are the ones who would need to create the DNS record). Please forward this to them to create the required DNS record. Once the DNS record is in place, please get back on to us and we will try repoint the domain again.
The registry can be contacted via http://www.iedr.ie for more information in relation to this. However they will likely refer you back to us to make any changes to your domain.

Do you think the issue can be resolve by x10hosting.com?

Thanks,
Rob

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It has been in the past, but it requires action by an admin with sufficient access. The problem is that both sides here need prior confirmation from the other (that is, each needs to see the change on the other side before they'll allow the change on their side), so you can't use the automated system on either side. It should be straightened out for you before too long.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
a other way of saying what @esseller said above...
This is a catch-22 situation.

This is a situation where one thing must happen in order to cause another thing to happen - but because the first thing does not happen the second thing cannot happen

x10hosting requires - as most hosts do - that you have the name servers set to x10hosting's [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ] before allowing you to add a domain to your account. This ensures that you actually own the domain and prevents some types of fraud from occurring - for example you would not be able to add [ Google.com ] to your account with x10hosting because you do not have access to change the name servers on that domain. Because you can not add the domain with x10hosting - you can not change the name servers - because you can not change the name servers you can not add the domain with x10hosting...

Admins will need to add the DNS zone for you - if they will do it

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea why Registrars do this... a zone technically isn't created until the domain is pointing to us... creating a zone but not having the nameservers pointing to it just makes a ton of zone records that don't do anything..

If you give me the domain and what you want it to do (parked, addon, etc) I will park it/whatever from the backend, and you can change the nameservers.

You can also tell the registrar that they're being dumb, but you don't have to.

gphotosx

Reaction score
I have no idea why Registrars do this... a zone technically isn't created until the domain is pointing to us... creating a zone but not having the nameservers pointing to it just makes a ton of zone records that don't do anything..

If you give me the domain and what you want it to do (parked, addon, etc) I will park it/whatever from the backend, and you can change the nameservers.

You can also tell the registrar that they're being dumb, but you don't have to.

Thanks Everyone for your replys.

Neil,
I want to addon My domain name gphotos.ie

Thanks a million for your help.
Rob

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
What folder do you want the addon domain set up in?

Status
Not open for further replies.