Nameserver problems, please help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewreckoning

Reaction score
Hi there

I registered a domain recently and the company has been trying to change the nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com...

These are the correct nameservers, but they emailed and said they received the following message:

"Good Day

After submitting the update for 4sublimehealing.co.za co.za came back with the following response:

The SOA record for 4sublimehealing.co.za at 216.245.214.54 can not be retreived.

! The most common reasons for this is that the Nameserver is not currently
! reachable or the Nameserver has not been configured for this domain."

They also sent me this email:

"We have been trying to do the change of nameservers from our side. However as we believe the hosting company has not setup the SOA records up for 2 nameservers. We will try and send the update request again and will notify you if and when it has come through with a response."

Obviously x10hosting has got SOA records for the nameservers because other people have domains hosted here and they are working correctly.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? Help will be much appreciated =)

thewreckoning

Reaction score
That's what I think as well =) I've had another domain hosted on here a while back and it worked perfectly... They're trying again for me though. Thank you for your reply =)

vishal3

Reaction score
Request them to make changes to name servers..... If name servers r not working try configuring "A" record

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
whatever Registrar you bought you domain name from you have to set the name servers... a lot of times they provide the name servers for you... if not zoneedit.com is free for first 5 domains... I've used them for years... very reliable and simple user friendly web interface... they even provide dynamic dns... its great if you want a subdomain pointed to your home or any dynamic ip for remote access...

so basically wherever you're going to host your dns (nameserver) get the addresses from them ... something like ns1.zoneedit.com or ns1.x10hosting.com etc... set the name server at the Registrar and then then at the nameserver set the SOA (if it doesn't do it automatically) then create an ARecord for the host (web server) and probably want a MX (mail entry) or a Mail Forwarder...

thewreckoning

Reaction score
Thanks for all the helpful replies! I'm just going to wait to hear from them, as they're trying again and they will notify me when they have a result. I think maybe the domain hasn't propagated properly everywhere, but we shall see! If it doesn't work I'll definitely look into all your suggestions - so thanks! =)

Have a great day.

thewreckoning

Reaction score
Hi again,

The domain registrar just emailed me about this problem again... They still can't change the namservers to x10hosting's. It's still sitting pointing to their nameservers.......

This is the feedback they received from trying to change the nameservers:

Please find the error below for the update on the nameservers for the domain 4sublimehealing.co.za. If you what you can send that onto them to have a look at. For this to happen everytime means the a reverse lookup might not have been setup? But the error explans it all.

Error Message for Updating DNS:

Your application for the following domain is still not correctly
delegated - please can you do something about this. This e-mail will
be repeated every 8 hours until the request is 5 days old or it is
fixed. It will then be deleted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Checking Nameservers for 4sublimehealing.co.za...
2 Nameservers specified:-
ns1.x10hosting.com, ns2.x10hosting.com.

Syntax/Cross-Checking provided info for Nameserver at 6a: ns1.x10hosting.com

Syntax/Cross-Checking provided info for Nameserver at 6e: ns2.x10hosting.com

NS1-1 FQDN: ns1.x10hosting.com.
NS1-1 IPV4: 69.162.115.171
NS1-1 ORIGIN: ns1.x10hosting.com.
NS1-1 E-MAIL: support@x10hosting.com.
NS1-1 SER-NO: 2009121901
NS1-1 NS RECORD1: ns1.x10hosting.com.
NS1-1 NS RECORD2: ns2.x10hosting.com.

The SOA record for 4sublimehealing.co.za at 216.245.214.54 can not be retreived.

! The most common reasons for this is that the Nameserver is not currently
! reachable or the Nameserver has not been configured for this domain.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ERROR: Not all nameservers found (Found 1 of 2) - suspending request.
!
! The suspended request will be checked every 8 hours for 5 days.
! Please re-check your dns configuration. It is not necessary to re-submit this application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The co.za support team - support@co.za

I'm not quite sure what to do about this. Does anybody have any more ideas? Is it usually so much trouble to buy a domain from some places?

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

=)

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
where did you buy the domain from? if they have dns available free with the domain just use theirs... add it into the addon or parked domains in cpanel and then add the ip of your server found on the left of the main cpanel page to arecord for what you added as an addon or parked domain...

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what to do about this. Does anybody have any more ideas? Is it usually so much trouble to buy a domain from some places?

I took a look at the co.za website to see how they run things. The answer to your question is no. It isn't usually so much trouble to buy a domain from places. Usually, the place that you buy a domain or register a free domain has an account panel where you do your own updates to it.

Co.za appears to rely on your ISP to apply for a domain name for you, and then they require that you request an update through email to them. There is no user account panel that I can see. That's the most troubling process that I've ever come across.

As a suggestion, you could try registering a free domain at co.cc instead. It won't cost you a thing and you can update the nameservers yourself through an account panel.

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Make sure that you added the domain to cPanel, either as main domain, addon domain or parked domain. If it doesn't work, make sure that their servers didn't blacklist x10's DNS servers.

- xav0989

thewreckoning

Reaction score
I'm starting to think this is a ploy to have me use their own hosting services......

Their cheapest offer is about 10 USD p/m with 400mb traffic and 25mb disk space. It doesn't even support PERL and all the other good stuff you can get with x10 for free...

I'm going to ask for a refund if possible, or else just screw it and buy myself a .org or .com with GoDaddy... It should not be such a headache to get a domain up and hosted, it's taken more than a week and there's still no resolution...

Thank you for your help and suggestions everybody, I think I might just stick to .orgs and .coms for any websites I wish to put on the net from now on - where I can control everything myself.

Have a great weekend. =)

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
If you have domain control panel password use free dns service like everydns.net Then set necessary "A" records pointing to X10... i thik this might solve your problem.(since u told u cant use x10 nameserver)

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Could you try to get them to point an A record to 74.63.233.5? If they can't, try find a free DNS service, and then point the domain from there to x10, and see if that works. Then it'll be like registrar -> DNS service -> x10.

Status
Not open for further replies.