Need a good PC FPS.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I'd definitely recommend the Orange Box. Also, F.E.A.R. Combat is free and isn't bad, but it's multiplayer only with no AI. I personally like the Unreal Tournament series, but I'm unsure if I should actually recommend UT3, as it disappointed me a bit tbh.

M

Macaws

I have heard of Team Fortress 2.
How big is it? I have a crappy 2 year old dell laptop.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have heard of Team Fortress 2.
How big is it? I have a crappy 2 year old dell laptop.

The Team Fortress 2 file size is around 700MB-1GB worth of downloading the last I checked if you buy it via Steam. If you have an Intel Media Accellerator card, have fun playing with that as a friend of mine tried playing with one of those and even at the lowest settings (and his system is Vista as well, so the card can at least do Aero) and his FPS was literally 2fps.

Last edited:

Pi606

Reaction score
The Half-Lifes

Half Life
Half Life Blue Shift
Half Life Opposing Force
Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Episode 1
Half Life 2 Episode 2
Half Life 2 Deathmatch (Online)
and Portal

Half Life 2 was the game that I enjoyed the most out of all of those. Half Life was fun, but some parts got old eventually. To fully understand HL2's storyline, you need to play HL1 first.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
counter Strike series,
unreal tournament 3,
orange box

those 3 games should keep you busy for a while.

jazzencat

Reaction score
Half Life, Half Life 2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War
Not really an FPS: Descent 1, 2 and 3, Wing Commander series, Wing Commander Privateer are also really good.

I still play the old Doom games on occasion. I'm not such a huge fan of the online FPS. I am not that good a player, and it gets really really tiring being killed every spawn cycle in Day of Defeat (about every 15s). Most of the time I have never seen the middle of the maps. No matter which side I play I always get killed near my spawn...

I like Deus Ex. It has really good integration of RPG and FPS elements. You can nearly go through the entire game without fighting if you're so inclined.

Thief 2 is another worthwile title to play.