Need help chnging my dns records on this host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sites7coding

Reaction score
ok i am using dnspod for my free domain name like mydomain.com and 1 i dont know the nameservers for x10 witch i need please tell me those and the second thing is i need help changing the DNS records on my account for my registrator's nameservers but i dont know hwo to do that.

please can someone help me.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

The nameservers are:
ns1.x10hosting.com and
ns2.x10hosting.com

The process works that first you change the nameservers at your domain registrar, and then you come back to your account over with us and add the domain as either an addon or your main domain. More instructions on how to do this can be found here: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_to_Use_Your_Own_Domain

Thanks.

sites7coding

Reaction score
yes i know but i do not know how to change the nameservers on my site to my domain registrators domain nameservers.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

You don't need to change any nameservers here. It all must be done via your domain registrar. If you're not sure on how to do things at that end, then you will need to consult their support department.

sites7coding

Reaction score
yes i know that i have to add the nameservers to my domain registrator but this is what it says in the left hand column.

Our Nameservers Modify your DNS as:
a.dnspod.com b.dnspod.com c.dnspod.com
so that is what i am wondering how to do.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

We can't point an account at your registrar, the registrar needs to point the domain at us.
I don't fully understand what you're trying to do. Does your registrar provide any instructions which you could copy/paste here? Could you perhaps give a bit more detail?
Sorry about this, but I'm finding it difficult to work with a small amount of quite vague information. :)

Thanks.

sites7coding

Reaction score
No my registrator does not give any instructions witch is why i am here.

I know that i am supposed to point the domain from my registrator from there to here but i have setup the entire thing and i dont get anything and i believe it is because i dont have their nameservers setup on my account.

the nameservers here are ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com but then there are there nameservers in the left hand colum that say this.

Our Nameservers
Modify your DNS as:
a.dnspod.com
b.dnspod.com
c.dnspod.com

that is what i need to know what to do.if you cant truely understand what i am saying then go to http://dnspod.com register and check for your self what it says and then maybe you can help me better if i am not giving enough information.

If i am not giving enough information then sorry but i am giving as much information as i know.

This is also the first time that i have ever setup a domain name so i am not very good at figuring this out.

This domain host is a pain to try to figure out.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

In order for your domain to work here, you need to add it to your account as either an addon domain or your main domain.
I can see that the hosting account linked to your forum account is suspended. Would you like me to unsuspend you?
To change your main domain, please see: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/Update_your_main_domain

Thanks.

sites7coding

Reaction score
oh i dont even know what email adress i used for this account i have so many.

anyway i know what your saying i understand you perfectly fine i just dont know what i am supposed to do with my registrators nameservers it says modify your dns as and then there nameservers so what the fric do i do i am really getting pissed off reading the same stupid thing that i knew from the darn start the only thing i am asking is what the heck do i do with there nameservers!!!!!

i dont need to know what to do with x10 nameservers im not stupid i know hwo to configure those jsut i need to know what to do with my registrators nameservers.

that is all i am asking so plz just tell me what i do with those cause iobviously cant do anything mroe to my account on dnspod if i dont do anything with there nameservers!!!

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't need to do anything with registrar's nameservers. What you are seeing in that column when in your domain account has no instructions so they are not telling you to do anything with their nameservers. Nothing whatsoever. All you need to do with nameservers is use it to point your domain to your hosting, not the other way around and certainly not both ways like you seem to continue to believe you need to do. That's not how it works, and we've already explained that. As stpvoice said "We can't point an account at your registrar, the registrar needs to point the domain at us." Nameservers point a domain somewhere, so there's only one place to place your nameservers and that's in your domain account, not your hosting account.

The only thing else you need to do is to put your domain in your hosting account. You can still just go to your hosting account panel and change your hosting main domain to your new domain if you want to. Or you could unsuspend yourself for inactivity if you still want to use your hosting account then go to your cPanel and add it to your addon domain or parked domain. You can only place it in one of the three options: main domain, addon domain, and parked domain.

If you still are having problems with your new domain after following these instructions and explanations, then contact your domain registrar's support for help as we've already now told what you needed to know about it and what to do. It just might be a problem on their end that needs solving.

Edit: I've gone ahead and unsuspended you as this seems to be a small part of the problem you are having. I see that you've already put in a domain name change to your account. It's taking longer than usual for the changes to complete, so let's just see what happens when it's done.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
oh i dont even know what email adress i used for this account i have so many.

anyway i know what your saying i understand you perfectly fine i just dont know what i am supposed to do with my registrators nameservers it says modify your dns as and then there nameservers so what the fric do i do i am really getting pissed off reading the same stupid thing that i knew from the darn start the only thing i am asking is what the heck do i do with there nameservers!!!!!

i dont need to know what to do with x10 nameservers im not stupid i know hwo to configure those jsut i need to know what to do with my registrators nameservers.

that is all i am asking so plz just tell me what i do with those cause iobviously cant do anything mroe to my account on dnspod if i dont do anything with there nameservers!!!

Please don't use that kind of language here. We're volunteers, and we have told you the answer several times. It's not our fault that your registrar has not provided you with the relevant information, don't take it out on use.

As has been mentioned several times already, and in pages that you were linked to: you don't need to do a thing with your registrars nameservers, unless you intend on using them for hosting.

~Callum

sites7coding

Reaction score
its not that im trying to do it on another account on the hosting and i have waited 6days and nothing has happened and nothing on my domain hoster comes up to point my domain to my site.

also what do i change the ttl to and the mx priority if i have to modify any of that then that would help me.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Is there any reason you are using DNSPod instead of x10hosting's nameservers?

Where did you buy the domain name?

Have you tried adding it to your account here?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
its not that im trying to do it on another account on the hosting and i have waited 6days and nothing has happened and nothing on my domain hoster comes up to point my domain to my site.

also what do i change the ttl to and the mx priority if i have to modify any of that then that would help me.

What is the domain you are trying to add? If you tell us, we can tell you whether it is pointed at the right place or not. You probably don't want to use MX, just use nameservers - they're far easier. Just leave the ttl and mx stuff as defaults for now :)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
We can't help you point your domain at your registrars end. You have two options basically. Configure the domain to use our name servers, your registrar should have an option for this, OR set an A record for your server, which at this time would be using the IP: 69.175.104.34 (this may be subject to a change in the future, but rarely does).

An A record has its downsides, and subdomains you want to use has to be created BOTH in cPanel (here) and at you registrar and also needs pointed with an A record.

Once you managed to do one of the two, you have to add the domain to your account, as main, parked OR addon domain, depending on how you want it to work.

sites7coding

Reaction score
i am trying to add sites7coding.com to my thing but i am trying to change the ns now to the ns of x10 and forsome reason it wont let me now.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
A Whois search for that domain name shows it is not registered.

Where did you purchase the domain name?

sites7coding

Reaction score
i did not purchase it i got it for free at dnspod.

what would the default ttl be?

i also gt when i try to add x10's ns i get "Value must be a valid hostname end with dot." what does that mean????

i tryed using ns1.x10hosting.com and then i modifyed it and tryed this ns1.x10hosting.com. but either way i still get the thing i posted above.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You do not seem to understand how domain names work.

You do not get a .com domain name "free" from a DNS server host.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.