Need help - Urgently

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A lot of people learning Photoshop have a problem with rhe Pen Tool, especially those who previously worked in Fireworks. As you probably know creating and editing shapes and their colors and borders with pen tool in Fireworks is really easy. You can always change anything really simply, but when it comes to Photoshop things a little different. I had the same problem when I started using Photoshop (a long time ago) and I didn't have any tut about it. So I guess you can do that.

Chears mate.

intertec

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Maybe I can make a tutorial on drawing a picture just using the pen tool. What do you think?

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was thinking more like creating and editing simple shapes but OK. Juts make sure it's not too complicated cos, remember, this tutorial is for beginners.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Basic Photoshop tutorials are a great idea.

A next level could be headers for site, and logo design.

You might also try to help members with Colour in design and websites. Beginners often struggle with this. This could include colour of text on different colour backgrounds, and tghe 'messages' sent by different colours. These may vary acrss cultures.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A next level could be headers for site, and logo design.

I don't recommend that. Headers and logo design can't be "explained" in tutorials. That's graphic design and you can't study graphic design from tutorials. There are schools for that.

You can make tutorial about fancy web 2.0 effects that you could use when designing headers and logos but that's all. You'll need much more then tutorial or two if you're going to be a logo designer.

My advice to you, and to anybody who makes tutorials, is to stick to technical stuff, like creating effects, using tools correctly ...

You might also try to help members with Colour in design and websites. Beginners often struggle with this. This could include colour of text on different colour backgrounds, and tghe 'messages' sent by different colours. These may vary acrss cultures.

Yes, I do that by posting on "Review my site" section all the time. I encourage people to start threads about this. That way everybody else can see it and maybe learn something useful.

EDIT
I saw your tutorial about Pen Tool and I'm a bit disappointed. When a complete beginner starts using pen tool he/she will certainly make a lot of mistakes. I think that in your third tutorial you MUST explain how to edit already created lines and shapes. This is not an issue just for beginners. People (including me) always make a basic shape and then tweak it to be perfect. Creating perfect shapes and lines without tweaking needs a lot of skill and experience.

Last edited:

ponspy

Reaction score
I was thinking more like creating and editing simple shapes but OK. Juts make sure it's not too complicated cos, remember, this tutorial is for beginners.