Need help with web site banner!

CJ023

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm putting together a new website and I'm having a lot of trouble with the graphics. Below is a link to my site so check it out please. The banner at the top is what I need help with.... I can't seem to get it to blend in well with the web site. Let me say this, I suck with graphics and suck with adobe photoshop which is what I used. Anyone who can give me suggestions or better yet, is there anyone good with graphic design who can create a good banner for the top of my site and would be willing to help me out? I can add your link to my site or pay you with some credits or whatever. I really don't like the banner that I created and I think there is way too much orange in my layout so I probably need a banner with less orange not sure. Any help would be great!

http://www.creativesolution.x10hosting.com

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
Well I tried to make something quick, not sure if its what you're looking for but its just a quickie.

Attachments

• testheadCS.png
    testheadCS.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 29

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here... Are you on the free hosting plan?

If so, offering web hosting is against the rules.

I'd be happy to create you a logo, or even re design your whole site. I'd do the banner for free, but I'd have to charge you for the layout (depending on how many pages and the time I put into it.

Thanks,
Neil Hanlon

CJ023

Reaction score
First off, I don't offer hosting on my web site. I offer links to hosting providers thats all and that is NOT or should NOT be against the rules. The graphic sourfacedcyclop made is pretty cool but i'm not sure how it will look. I'm going to try it out and see how it blends in. Thanks sourfacedcyclop a appreciate it.

If anyone else wants to try or thinks they can do better than sourfacedcyclop go ahead and give it try. Like I said before, I'll reward whoever makes the one I decide to use.... not sure what with yet but I will figure something out. I'll link your site and give up some credits or something.

xPlozion

Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but you're offering to design peoples web sites and graphics, meanwhile you need others to do your graphics?

Someone comes along, see's what a great job _someone else did_, they contact you (maybe it's your first client, so you don't have a portfolio yet), then they see what you are capable of, which is completely different than what your site looks like. Then they are unhappy, demand their money back, and you're in the hole...

You should take this time to sit down and learn Photoshop, because you are not going to get better at it by having others do it for you.

Your Homepage said:
Thats right for $50 you can have your very own web site with custom graphics and up to 5 pages of content of your choice.
seems a bit expensive...
Domain names and hosting packages are also available but ARE NOT included with this special.
Who are you gonna use for the hosting packages? Are you gonna make a free/paid account on x10 and have them pay you for it, meanwhile pocketing a dollar or two? Or... are you gonna buy a reseller account on another website or get your own server and start from there?

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Mmhhmm. I thought I was being helpful. Apparently not.

CJ023

Reaction score
For the graphics, I plan to hire a graphics artist to help me with the site. I'm pretty good with HTML, CSS and PHP myself. The site is no where near finished and I have yet to upload the past 3 weeks worth of work and probably with not... not to any of the x10 servers anyway.

$50 bucks is not that expensive for complete web site design it all depends on how good you are with your clients. I just got a new client a few days ago. A chinese resaurant a few towns over is going to pay $350 for a site that is basically a menu with an address and phone number on it.

As for hosting. I plan to stay out of the domain registration and hosting aspect of all of this unless a client asks me to get involved. I'm advising clients to pick a hosting service provider that they think will fit their needs. I'm simply providing links to hosting providers on my site. Many of them have affilite sections where you can sign up and make a quick $50-$150 bucks just for reffering someone to them.

Any other questions? I have this pretty thougt out. Well I think I do anyway lol.

CJ023

Reaction score
Thanks. I love the foums here and even though my site will not be hosted with x10 I will still come and post in the forums. I really like the x10 community.

Now is anyone else interested in helping me with my site banner? If no one else posts I will take that as a no. As I did say before, I plan to hire a graphics artist to help with my web site so if I can get someone to make me a few graphics (mainly a really nice banner for the top of my site) that blend in well and look great with my layout I will keep you in mind and throw some work your way... there could (and probably will) be good money in it. I'll also transfer all of my credits to you and put a link to your site on mine. Just something to think about.... and yes I really really do need a banner for the top of my site that bad. I'm launching the site with another web hosting service tomorrow and need that to be finished. If I dont get something together I'll have to use the one I made myself or the one made by one my fellow x10ers above. Well thanks everyone.

You can check out the site tomorrow morning at www.creativesolutionsnky.com

funtoosh

Reaction score
you can make animated banners by using various web sites like animation online.com , mybannermaker.com etc...
Hey everyone, I'm putting together a new website and I'm having a lot of trouble with the graphics. Below is a link to my site so check it out please. The banner at the top is what I need help with.... I can't seem to get it to blend in well with the web site. Let me say this, I suck with graphics and suck with adobe photoshop which is what I used. Anyone who can give me suggestions or better yet, is there anyone good with graphic design who can create a good banner for the top of my site and would be willing to help me out? I can add your link to my site or pay you with some credits or whatever. I really don't like the banner that I created and I think there is way too much orange in my layout so I probably need a banner with less orange not sure. Any help would be great!

http://www.creativesolution.x10hosting.com