Need text editting script

willemvo5

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm making a site, I want to use a admin-page in it but I don't know any script to change text on a page, I know this is possible with MySql, can somebody give me such a script??

thanks in advance

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you looking for? Like a admin notepad type thing? I have a script for that I don't really understand what you're talking about.

Can you please explain further detail what you're looking for?
Thanks in advance,
--Neil

fitonline

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm making a site, I want to use a admin-page in it but I don't know any script to change text on a page, I know this is possible with MySql, can somebody give me such a script??

thanks in advance
Joomla is an easy content manager using MySql.You can install Joomla using Elephante Script Installer or Uploadig it using file manager.Joomla work with 2 platforms.Admin interface and Public interface.To download lastest versions of Joomla visit this site http://joomla.org .

Isaa

mephis

Reaction score
tinymce is a good js editor for such things, I normally use it on my CMS (it replaces a <textarea> input) and you can store it on the database under a TEXT field

willemvo5

Reaction score
I just mean that i can edit my files online with a PHP script. eg: the title of my home page is first welcome, but via the editting script it becomes hello....

myarad

Reaction score
I vote to Joomla 1.5.7

Joomla is an easy content manager using MySql.You can install Joomla using Elephante Script Installer or Uploadig it using file manager.Joomla work with 2 platforms.Admin interface and Public interface.To download lastest versions of Joomla visit this site http://joomla.org .

Isaa

freecrm

Reaction score
If you don't want a 3rd party piece of software, you're looking at a few pages of script and setting up the back end MySQL to hold your content.

Step 1: create MySQL database table, to contain the content you want to show on your pages.

Step 2: create a login script page in php that verifies that your are the administrator.

Step 3: create an insert page to add content to your database.

Step 4: create an update page to edit existing content

Step 5: create a delete pae to get rid of existing content.

Step 4: add the link from the database content to your normal pages.

A not insubstantial "bit" of script!

As suggested, it might be easier to use a 3rd party piece of script - although I don't like using them.