This is really a new site.
Took a lot of time to understand how is it actually working
But a kind of amazing site.
Florescent colors and fast loading.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
In an ideal world this is a nice idea and something very similiar already exists known as Freecycle where people giveaway unwanted items to those in need or want and no money changes hands. It's certainly very popular in the UK though some are abusing the service as a means to get free stuff that they promptly offer up for sale on eBay hoping to make an easy buck. Similiar exist also for trade/service swapping eg: accountant needs web designer

The main stumbling that comes to mind with this type of venture is how do you handle complaints?
for example...
Dear Admin,
My twelve year old son exchanged his fathers brand new apple laptop for a
Playstation that's broken and we want our laptop back.

The other more serious issue is how do you safeguard the site from being prosecuted
as you may be unwittingly aiding the sale or exchange of stolen goods?

ryan.mcmillan1045

Reaction score
first things first, the design is bad, you could be doing with much cleaner gfx and contrasting colours, but the idea of the site i think is brilliant , I think the way you layout some pages is somewhat confusing and messy, so in the end all that is wrong with your website is the visual elements, sort that out and you'll have a pretty good website there

Darkmere

Reaction score
The first thing I look for is the 4 sec rule ... I scan a page to see what it is I am looking at, and I found it at the bottom of the page? But, looking at the design of the page I noticed that elements appear to be randomly placed. I would suggest a little organization.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
The site is fragmented, I suggest a feather duster and a good tidying up. :)

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
registration only for 16+

Where does it say that lol
You have No Terms and Conditions page and
No mention of age limit during registration process.
Even if you did, it's a rule that cannot be effectively enforced, look at social networking sites as an example.

Besides, regardless of the members age how do you intend to deal with people who have been ripped off by other members?

Google for "brick in a box scam"

listysite76

Reaction score
Where does it say that lol
You have No Terms and Conditions page and
No mention of age limit during registration process.
Even if you did, it's a rule that cannot be effectively enforced, look at social networking sites as an example.

Besides, regardless of the members age how do you intend to deal with people who have been ripped off by other members?

Google for "brick in a box scam"

working on a TOS....
they can have a chat , before anything happens.............and what box scam?

Last edited:

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Brick In The Box

It's a classic street con that can and has been used in other enviroments.
Guy comes up to you and says 'hey, wanna buy a cheap laptop?"
then opens up a box to show you the item. At which point the 'mark' is grinning like an idiot
and reaching for their money. Then the con-artist says, " have one that's still in the box
this ones dirty where everybody has been playing with it"
. The victim wanders off pleased
with a bargin and the con-artist does a runner because they know what is really inside the box.

Darkmere

Reaction score
It is most commonly seen with legit companies and Employees pulling the scam on the job

learning_brain

Reaction score
Aside from the key points that cybrax raises, I too quite like the concept but found I had to spend several minutes on the site before I figured it out.

BTW - what is LIM???? I get LIB and LISK (after reading up) but LIM is not mentioned.

I think the reason the site looks messy is because there is such a mixture of styles.

The header looks OK but a little cramped. Main logo top left is kinda fuzzy and needs sharpening up.

Then you have the main repeating table scenario - which looks completely at odds with the rest of the site. The item detail page is even worse.... a table nightmare.

Then the footer is OK... but left icons are really poor quality.

I think what I'm trying to say is that it needs cohesion... similarly styles elements placed in a considered and structured way.

To be more specific - keep padding consistent. Keep borders consistent (not a mixture of sharp colour change edges with ridges). Keep image quality consistent.

The colour pallet is good!

Login module top right has no top padding... which looks wrong.

I'd like to see this one progress!

Rich

amaditya.mathew62

Prime Account
Reaction score
Tough site as a concept.
But a clean and adorable template that gives people some respite.
Good loading speeds.and what not..
if some site user guide notes is put ..may be low IQ guys like me can get that experience too.

listysite76

Reaction score
Aside from the key points that cybrax raises, I too quite like the concept but found I had to spend several minutes on the site before I figured it out.

BTW - what is LIM???? I get LIB and LISK (after reading up) but LIM is not mentioned.

I think the reason the site looks messy is because there is such a mixture of styles.

The header looks OK but a little cramped. Main logo top left is kinda fuzzy and needs sharpening up.

Then you have the main repeating table scenario - which looks completely at odds with the rest of the site. The item detail page is even worse.... a table nightmare.

Then the footer is OK... but left icons are really poor quality.

I think what I'm trying to say is that it needs cohesion... similarly styles elements placed in a considered and structured way.

To be more specific - keep padding consistent. Keep borders consistent (not a mixture of sharp colour change edges with ridges). Keep image quality consistent.

The colour pallet is good!

Login module top right has no top padding... which looks wrong.

I'd like to see this one progress!

Rich

---first thank for your guidline------
#Lim's will be there soon, but it is a mistake of mine.
#which pages are looks messy?