New Layout

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is to mix up those two.

Like this.

I also made you a new eye logo. If you like it I could send you the Fireworks PNG so you can edit it (if you have Fireworks of course, if not I can send you 600x600px transparent PNG)

Donate some credits or just click the +REP button if you find this review useful :biggrin:

kirtik

Reaction score
Urm... 'Cyclops' is the singular, sorry to be anal.

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
The best thing you can do is to mix up those two.

Like this.

I also made you a new eye logo. If you like it I could send you the Fireworks PNG so you can edit it (if you have Fireworks of course, if not I can send you 600x600px transparent PNG)

Donate some credits or just click the +REP button if you find this review useful :biggrin:
Thanks, that looks really good, I don't have fireworks, never even heard of it, but if you want you can email it to me at sourfacedcyclop@yahoo.com

Thanks for all of your time and effort you must have spend of this.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Fireworks is an Adobe CS product. I can't send it to you. LOL! I will post the 600x600 logo soon.

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
Can I use that layout that you came up with? Since you made it, I feel inclined to ask permission before using it.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Of course you can.

I didn't posted it to brag about it. :biggrin:

Edit:
Here's the eye logo.

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Again, Fireworks. I found the outer white part somewhere and added everything else in Fireworks CS4.

If you need any help implementing this layout don't hesitate to ask for it, but please do it here in this thread (don't PM me).

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your help, I already made the images and coded the css, if you want you can see it here

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No no no no, you are doing it wrong.

1) You are supposed to add header image stretch to the width of the page.

2) Try using Georgia (
note that his post is in Georgia font):
Code:
font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

If you have any difficulties implementing the layout I could make it for you. It's really easy.

redon

Reaction score
Adobe? Is this an excelant photo editor, if no what is the good one?

xPlozion

Reaction score
yes, adobe photoshop is excellent, but it costs money. gimp and paint.net are alternatives that are free and similar. inkscape is more like fireworks/illustrator in that it's a vector based image program.

about the design, i like the current version, it's ok... but the eye is distorted. the aspect ratio of it didn't stay the same when you resized it. it's wider than it is tall...

and typing in www.sourfacedcyclops.com comes up w/ nothing, so i believe it's avail to buy (i'm too lazy to check registrars).

Last edited:

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, something like that. There's some details that you might consider.

1) Header image is not 100% fit to width. It has 8px space from the edges. You can fix this by adding this to to lines to your body section in global.css:
Code:
margin:0;
padding:0;
2) Bottom line should be the same color as bored on the text boxes.

Good work.

reichiru

Reaction score
Very nice, the additions and changes you made are way better than the first version. I'm still not too crazy about the text boxes (plain and boring black border), but otherwise it's very good.

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
Yeah, I plan on changing the text boxes, probably to some sort of rounded boxes or something, but I would love to hear any suggestions

reichiru

Reaction score
Rounded boxes sound good. I wouldn't make it a plain strip of colour for the border either, see if you can make some sort of fading-ish design or something, that might make it a bit better.