New Site Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Banned
Reaction score
this is really good site.
is use rapidshare which is really bad at times.
I like it beening so clean, like without ads etc
Very nice layout and scripting, good work!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
dine for me i love it since other programs are slow

N2PGames

Reaction score
Hey Great script and a nice theme i want to ask for you're permission to edit you theme to make it look better and send it to you so you can upload it if you're going to allow me to do so please let me know....

.:N2PGames:.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you want to change ?

-Corey

N2PGames

Reaction score
like the side images are un-Blended to the white background and that could make it look better or if you want i can search for a Free Good Themeplate and edit it tell it looks like a file upload site :D im really good at that + ill leave the Orag creaters info of the themeplate .. so it wount make a leagle case about it

===
BTW IS
signatures allowed bc i really want to put ny adva , sig here

Last edited:

James

Banned
Reaction score
If you need help corey, let me know ill be happy to help edit it.
But it is pretty good anway

Shade

Reaction score
Corey said:
It's uploaded and can be distributed, there is a limit of uploads per IP per day but is not currently set for beta. Current max size is 100 Megs per upload. There are many things that can be limited like downloads per day, etc.

I must disagree with the IP - especially if you dont get a good one. I use a cable service and most services can't actually get my IP but the proxy IP. www.whatismyip.com i think works but such as vBulletin - i doubt it would get my IP but the proxy ip. Therefore, there could be a couple 1,000 people that cant upload their stuff.

Also,

just a minor improvement. Your copyright between A x10hosting company there is no space between A and x10hosting :)

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
What do you mean Shade?

There is a limit (It's not set for the "beta", as Corey said) of file uploads a single IP can make a day. No matter what, if you go to the site your IP can be "seen". Yea you can use a proxy to "mask" your IP, but proxies are usually slower then a direct connection to the site, thus giving you slow upload/download speeds.

The limit on file uploads/downloads per day is there to prevent abuse on the server.

Shade

Reaction score
NedreN said:
What do you mean Shade?

There is a limit (It's not set for the "beta", as Corey said) of file uploads a single IP can make a day. No matter what, if you go to the site your IP can be "seen". Yea you can use a proxy to "mask" your IP, but proxies are usually slower then a direct connection to the site, thus giving you slow upload/download speeds.

The limit on file uploads/downloads per day is there to prevent abuse on the server.

I am saying that most IP finders do not work properly. vBulletins and phpBB ones do not work to the best of their ability. I just dont think IP ones are the best - like i was banned for multiple accounts before.. and i didnt even make up another account.. but they picked up my ISP's proxy server (as i am using a cable - which is like LAN in my area).

I know about proxy servers that are directly used to mask your IP but i am not talking about that - i am talking about the proxy of the ISP itself.

Look up my IP and tell me what it is by sending me a PM - ill tell you if its right or wrong.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be set high or not at all, it's pretty much just to stop people from uploading their whole warez collection ;) btw, PM sent.

-Corey

Shade

Reaction score
Thanks. PM sent back. I don't mind the IP system and i cant see what you are getting at but hope you see where im coming from and its pointless integrating a system that doesnt work properly.

Result: IP wasn't picked up.

Last edited:

Colin

Reaction score
Something you may want to change is when you give the download links and someone clicks on them, don't give them the option of deleting the file. When I uploaded the logos to FILEVIP and told my friend to go look at them. He clicked the download link and it took him to a page where he could download or delete the file.

Shade

Reaction score
Sorry meant:

I don't mind the IP system and i can see what...

Last edited:
B

Brandon

Looks, Great Corey! Runs great on the latest verison of Opera.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I owned wisesubmit. We had some problems with the domain registrar because they were overseas (never doing that again). FileVIP is being heavily modified to add a ton more features thanks to DarkD :)

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.