New site design

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
Well I seem utterly incapable of actually sticking to one layout and have made another one for my site. What do you think? I am aware there is close to nothing in it, and am still thinking of what to put in it (suggestions would be more than welcome :) ). Hope you review, though knowing me it will probably change again in a couple weeks :biggrin:.

http://sourfacedcyclop.x10hosting.com/

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
I see you've gone for the basic web 2.0 look :). You might need a bit of work on the buttons though, perhaps make it one solid colour to keep it all simple and probably add another column to your layout so it looks like it has more content.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like the overall colors but a lot could be improved with this.
1) I am not a fan on drop-down navs
2) you are specify the character family to be a serif font, which does not look good on the web
3) for some reason I got really bored when looking at your site
4) not linking the "nike" somewhat symbol near your logo

6/10 - Average

Last edited:

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
I like the overall colors but a lot could be improved with this.
1) I am not a fan on drop-down navs
2) you are specify the character family to be a serif font, which does not look good on the web
3) for some reason I got really bored when looking at your site
4) not linking the "nike" somewhat symbol near your logo

6/10 - Average
Thanks for your response, I've only really gotten into web design in the last couple months, I would fiddle with it on and off before that, but i'm a bit more serious with it now. The text is georgia, is that a bad font to use? Like I said in my first post, it will probably change in a couple weeks :). I'm just getting a feel for it and finding out what people like and don't like.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I would use a font like Verdana. It is a straight font that is also very clean.

frankfriend

Reaction score
Not bad Sourfacedcyclop. Is it a standard Wordpress template of have you adapted it? It looks good. I like the floating box on the menu.

I think it would be nice to be able to step through the web gallery pictures instead of going back to the beginning.

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
Wow this is an old topic, I forgot I posted it :).

I made the layout myself. The base is just the Wordpress Default Theme, but I have changed it so much you would probably call it a seperate theme.