New SitePad - Cannot Access...

Tim Hamelin

Reaction score
I have tried to login with the new SitePad option… but it does not recognize my user name (or my email) to login…

This is the error message I keep getting:

The username or email you provided does not exist !
0 attempt(s) left

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Where are you prompted to login?
I'm not really familiar with SitePad itself, but I have done a quick test of using it and it does appear to login me in automatically when I go there from within Softaculous in DirectAdmin.

Tim Hamelin

Reaction score
Where are you prompted to login?
I'm not really familiar with SitePad itself, but I have done a quick test of using it and it does appear to login me in automatically when I go there from within Softaculous in DirectAdmin.

Hi, it seems that I can login through a different setting... so, not sure why it was initially taking me to a different login page. Nevertheless, I can now access the SitePad application, thanks :)

billshumaine

Reaction score
I have the same issue. New installation. I need to select a theme for my site. The link sends me to a SitePad login page, black except for the working area in the middle. It requests an email address or a user name, plus a math problem to prove I'm not a robot. Every imaginable username or email address produces the error message Mr. Hamelin was receiving, see attached. The previous page says "You can login with your Email or from your control panel" but I see nothing related at the control panel except the link to the SitePad installer.

Attachments

• SitePad.JPG
    SitePad.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 2

billshumaine

Reaction score
OK, never mind, I shouldn't have been here at all (but why was I sent here?). It was the "log in as Admin" link that I needed, but I had to discover this on my own by blundering around. This process is FAR too complicated for a new user.

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sitepad can be easily accessed automatically via Extra features >softaculous> installations > click the login link. This will apply for all software installed via the softaculous plugin.

We are also working on our new wiki / guides website that will hopefully help out better in the future.