New to FTP

M

Macaws

Having trouble with my server again. I am using FileZilla FTP server, and when I try to add a password to my user, it replaces it with som big long password. Since it is dotted out, I dont know what it is. And when I try without the password, It wont log in either. Stupid filezilla. Are there any other GOOD free ftp servers? (everyone says filezilla is good but I think its crap)

akv003

Reaction score
You can try cute FTP, or WS FTP, they are also good ftp tool

tittat

Reaction score
******Thread Moved to Scripts And third Party apps******

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
For security reason it shows it as long password. Even if you give 3 letters as password. after you save settings it shows again long password. Don't worry about that it works what ever you set to it. :)

I am using it from so many months. it is good and easy to configure.

Last edited:

tds888

Reaction score
As gsonline mentioned, for security reasons FileZilla FTP server does it's bit to disguise your password. If you are able to log in once you can just use the quick connect as by default your settings are saved. If you are not confident about entering your password into the field without seeing it, you can always just copy and paste from notepad. In terms of ease of use and speed I've struggled to find a better program, it's intuitive and user friendly for noobs. Cute FTP is a decent second place.

kkenny

Reaction score
There's also FIREFTP, a plugin into Firefox.
It's pretty simple, and it fits my needs (just CHMOD files and moving them back and forth, and upload, and download, etc., basic FTP client)