New to VPS : I have a few questions

Qasim Iqbal

Reaction score
I am looking into ordering a new VPS (unmanaged). What this VPS will hold is files and around 4-5 websites, which of 2 have about 2000-5000 visitors a day. Which plan should I choose? The options I see are S1, S3, S5, and S7. I dont see much of a difference rather than bandwidth, I have a feeling S1 has what I need.

Second question is IP Addresses, I want one. Does it come with one, or do I need to choose "1 Additional IP Address" to get 1?

Third, be honest, do you guys/girls have good results with these VPS? Are they reliable? Its very cheap.

I might have more questions as I look around.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy;

I am going to leave the first question for somebody else, but I usually try to go with the best package / plan my current budget will allow, therefore avoiding unnecessary upgrades in the future.

You will get one IP address with your VPS. Additional IP's are $1.00 per month. If you are planning on using your own private nameservers I would suggest that you have two IP's. And if you plan on using SSL on one or more of your domains you will need a dedicated IP for that.

I have had a VPS at x10Hosting for almost two years now and could not be more pleased. I have found the service to be very high quality and very reliable. On the rare occasion when I required support my issues were resolved very quickly and efficiently. And, no, I am not part of x10Hosting Admin or Staff. Just a satisfied customer.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Extrapolating to the Nth degree with this, I went ahead and did a quick measurement of your bandwidth usage using this calculator:

http://www.numion.com/calculators/ServerReq.html

And this is what I got:

2011-04-10_2129.png

That being said, any one of those plans could support you... But I'd go with the S3 plan as a base (because of the disk space and CPU). You'd then have to base your decision off of a multitude of things..

Dynamic sites? (Language? Requires more CPU and RAM to handle the load)
Size of sites? (Disk Space)
DB Queries (RAM and CPU for the database)
etc.