New user Suspended twice already

manik

Reaction score
Hi,
I am Manik, a new user of x10 hosting and a Lecturer at an Engineering College by profession:cool:. I am trying to migrate from my paid hosting to this free one because of lack of proper support and monetary loss and administrative problems at my host's end in India:mad:.
During the creation of the site(running of wizard in cpanel), I was suspended twice for high server usage. Once for 15 minutes and next for 30 minutes:dunno:.
I think that there is more to understand in this hosting than regular forum visit; or possibly the load calculation algo is simply wrong:rant2:.
However I am testing this out. all my experiences will be shared with you people in the forums.
Manik;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Welcome to x10 manik! What is it that you're doing that's pushing the load so high? I'm on Intermediate PHP with SMf 2.0 Public Beta 3.1 running and the site's been pretty busy and I've only gotten suspended when I caused an infinite loop to happen in the code.

manik

Reaction score
Welcome to x10 manik! What is it that you're doing that's pushing the load so high? I'm on Intermediate PHP with SMf 2.0 Public Beta 3.1 running and the site's been pretty busy and I've only gotten suspended when I caused an infinite loop to happen in the code.

:lol: I was just passing through the CPanel wizard to setup the website, mail account etc. nothing else:lol:. It seems so ridiculous.

Again Hi everybody! I got my site up:cool: at :-
http://manik.x10hosting.com/
Just pay a little visit and check it out!

StarChaser

Reaction score
Hey manik I just had the same problem editing my mail accounts... It said To much server load but all I was doing was using Cpanel.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Please accept our sincere apologies, this seems to be a major issue at the moment. I'm going to speak to the other administrators about it, and see if it can be tweaked a little. I agree that it's too sensitive and can fully understand your frustration. I'll see what I can do.

-Luke.

masteraa

Reaction score
Hi,
I am Manik, a new user of x10 hosting and a Lecturer at an Engineering College by profession:cool:. I am trying to migrate from my paid hosting to this free one because of lack of proper support and monetary loss and administrative problems at my host's end in India:mad:.
During the creation of the site(running of wizard in cpanel), I was suspended twice for high server usage. Once for 15 minutes and next for 30 minutes:dunno:.
I think that there is more to understand in this hosting than regular forum visit; or possibly the load calculation algo is simply wrong:rant2:.
However I am testing this out. all my experiences will be shared with you people in the forums.
Manik;)

This same thing has happend to me twice, made a post in the suspended accoutns page. One of the mods said he would have somone look into it, their high usuage script is suspending people for normal usage. I got suspended just when I was in the cpanel and the html editor.

manik

Reaction score
Hi,
After the CPanel work got over, no more high usage problems arose. Possibly the CPanel is becoming quite heavy for the server. I have changed the dns entries in the domain control panel. Still it is not reflected in the whois lookup. Possibly it may take time! I am skeptical, DNS propagation should not affect the registrar I think.
Anybody who can throw some light?
Manik

chappill

Reaction score
Lol welcome to x-10 hosting, yesterday between the hours of 9 and 12 I was banned FOUR times for 'High server usage' I was using cPanel and opening a 6000 odd line file every now and again to edit it and then all od a sudden it stopped working... I was banned lol It was sorted soon enough though.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,
After the CPanel work got over, no more high usage problems arose. Possibly the CPanel is becoming quite heavy for the server. I have changed the dns entries in the domain control panel. Still it is not reflected in the whois lookup. Possibly it may take time! I am skeptical, DNS propagation should not affect the registrar I think.
Anybody who can throw some light?
Manik

You need to add the nameservers ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, but maybe you already done that :p.

Welcome to the forums!