New user with a question re transferring my domain to x10

justken

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got everything set up and sent a trial web page to my x10 account. My question now is, how do I redirect my own personal domain name to x10? The cPanel mentions something about "setting up the dns" in my domain registration service, and I can see where I can enter the dns. But what is the dns for x10? This probably should be obvious to me, but it isn't.

Thanks!

JustKen

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
the name servers you should set up with your registrar is:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Also you need to put your domain into your hosting account as either main domain (done in account management panel), parked or addon domain (parked and addon are done through cpanel).

A parked domain works pretty much as main domain, but using a parked instead of main leaves the x10hosting subdomain from when you created the account active. An addon domain is used when you want to have a separate website inside a subfolder of your public_html.

justken

Reaction score
Thanks, LadyAnna,

I made the change at my registrar, though it hasn't seemed to take effect yet. I'm guessing it will take some time for the change to percolate through the system, so I'll check again later. I had already set up my domain as a parked domain.

Thanks again,

JustKen

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
your welcome.

yes, it usually takes a while for the information to be updated.