New VPS Service!

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Can't you access the 'VPS Support', it should be a under the "Free Hosting" support forum.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Yes VPS support is accessible but thats not what i was on about. (Sorry if that sounded rude). I mean so users can discuss how there achieving different setups or which programs they prefer to install. more like a discussion board to discuss options than support. Support could come from it as the VPS' are sold as UnManaged so maybe a little community support would be welcomed by those struggling

Edit: I thought you were on about the VPS support system accessible when you have logged in to the VPS. after checking the forum, I cannot see any board to do with VPS Support under FreeHosting

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I made some changes, how about now?

Nathan H

Reaction score
Working now thaks
Edit:
Thanks alot brandon, Just a thought for later is there anyway to bakup DNS settings?

Last edited:

scorch94

Reaction score
Hey, guys!
Is there any free relative competitor to cPanel?
Some free alternative?

Nathan H

Reaction score
with the VPS you can purchase there is a program called lxAdmin it is different to cPanel, but i think its ALOT better in all fairness.
edit: lxadmin is FREE. i'll post some screenshots if you want

Last edited:

scorch94

Reaction score
This looks neat and really good alternative.
Is there a guide on how to install it?

Also, if I buy VPS, how will I be able to use PHP/MySQL?
Sorry for asking these noob questions :(

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
LXAdmin can be installed from within our VPS panel. You can install PHP/MySQL yourself, or LXAdmin will do it for you.

Just have to remember these are unmanaged so if you think you'll have problems you might not want to get one, or to help get one with cPanel as it's easy to use for beginners.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what your asking, sorry.

Nathan H

Reaction score
better management
what about loads?
I thinkihe might mean server loads, as in CPU useage because thats the only thing not directly listed.
Edit:
P.S sorry about my memory useage over the last day there was a memory leak within the image and pinging script, i forgot to close the connections that i opened when i was pinging. This has been fixed

Last edited:

Scott

Reaction score
This is one of the best things I've purchased this year besides my new iPod. xD

I would like to thank Brandon for all of the extensive support he has given me on this, also.

Thanks,
Scott
Ice - Radio

Nathan H

Reaction score
there are a variety of different sizes available, clicking on the link in page one will let you see the limitations of each available VPS and also their respective prices

Nathan H

Reaction score
how mny people ar on vox?
ps (sorry bout the momory usseage i think i hvae sorted the leaks out now)

Nathan H

Reaction score
10people, on Vox, jesus, no wonder even with huge memory leaks my site still keeps going, (fixed now) what are vox's specs?