New VPS Service!

Nathan H

Reaction score
I don't need it, but i have one. Extremely reliable, there hasnt been a single issue i know of where the host server has gone down, even after a load test on my VPS. Shame about the yearly payment option, but with how many upgrades i keep getting, It's also useful

eminemix

Reaction score
Why do i need to buy a domain if a VPS is what i want ..

The prices are very low, that's a major plus.

Last edited:
T

themasterrocker

I don't really understand what VPS is? Is it basically a system but you can't get any support on it other than hardware issues? if so isn't that a bit stupid although you can make whatever site you want, but you've gotta pay almost $70 for the cPanel option to be honest i'd prefere to buy my site on a different server thats cheaper. or just get on x10 paid server!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
A VPS is basically similar to a dedicated server. Often times when you order dedicated servers, they are unmanaged, which is how x10 is selling their VPS service. Of course, there is some support for VPS, but like the dedicated server, managed servers often times cost more. If you seriously want help with the VPS, there are tutorials throughout this forum that you can view to help you set it up, help you get around the operating system, and more. As for the control panel, I think there are also some free ones you can install that will do the same thing as cPanel. But don't forget, once on the VPS, you are promised what your are promised, but you're on your own.

Nathan H

Reaction score
it does come with hypervm and lxadmin, these two provide plenty of functionality and are able to control every aspect of the VPS. There are no limits to what you can create, I know of radio stations, blogs and script testing environments. don't forget with a VPS there is no *high server resource detection* no suspensions. As long as everything is legal, you can have it running 24-7 365. cPanel is not necessary at all, it's more preference, it'll only take about an hour or two to get used to lxadmin, and I actually prefer it to cPanel now I'm used to it.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't really understand what VPS is? Is it basically a system but you can't get any support on it other than hardware issues? if so isn't that a bit stupid although you can make whatever site you want, but you've gotta pay almost $70 for the cPanel option to be honest i'd prefere to buy my site on a different server thats cheaper. or just get on x10 paid server!

You can get cPanel on the "VPS Static" plan for as low as $12/month extra.

T

themasterrocker

Ok, now i have a better inside to what the VPS is I might get it like later in life :p When i'm 18 and living teh sweet life :p lol.

Nathan H

Reaction score
lol, 18 is not teh sweet life, thats when it gets really hard, lol. But it's a definite recommendation from me. Since i first brought it, vox has gone down once, and that was for an hour or two, which is dam good uptime in my opinion.

lewellyn

Reaction score
Yes, I've had my VPS for a week or so. And, I can honestly say that I'm quite pleased with the performance.

It'd be nice if there were "upgrades" available to the VPS choices, such as "+10GB disk space" or "+1 level CPU usage" or "+128MB RAM" to help keep people (myself included) from having to decide which VPS plan to get. I ended up going with the cheaper plan (of the two I was debating between), in hopes that I won't exhaust my resources. ;)

Also, I also favor a yearly option. :)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
They should be available, are you getting an error?

T

themasterrocker

The only problem i got now with buying a VPS is the fact that its in USD so i have to pay conversion prices unless you charge the GBP off me? This is because we don't use paypal in my family because my parents don't like it.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I thought we get hit with the conversion charge unless they charge you + us.

Yearly pricing will be available in the coming months. This launch of the VPS services was more of a beta for us and it is doing quite well.

Once we officially have the VPS offers up we can look into additions on the plans.

-Corey

T

themasterrocker

Yeah, also, i heard you've stopped letting us boost things on the VPS's? I was thinking of getting one but i didn't know where, i was thinking more here because i can trust you guys but then i've got the problem of the conversion charges and my parents won't like that!

mobindas

Reaction score
VPS hosting

VPS or Virtual Private Server is a type of web hosting that virtually divides one physical server into different partitions. Subscribers to VPS hosting will still enjoy the security offered by a dedicated server but they would have to physically share a single server. VPS could be compared to a group of servers located inside a server. Each VPS can have their separate operating system and could work without influence from other server.
-----------
Mobin

promoter