Nintendo Wii

golden1

Reaction score
How many gamers prefer this type of console? I'm wondering about the networking capabilities of this console to 'play' with other people around the world. It seems more social, like a board game or for laughs, rather than strategy or 'serious' games.
What's the general feeling about the Wii Gaming Console?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems to be geared towards family games and appeal, but there are a few shooters, which are horrible to play I'v heard. As for networking, you can play online with it. I'm not sure how that is since I don't have a Wii. I prefer my PC however.

kkenny

Reaction score
You can play with other players around the world, but the chatting and interaction are to a limit. If you really want to interact with people I suggest the xbox 360 with their massive community (you still get a big one with a silver membership) and if you want to play online, theirs bound to be someone playing any game at any moment in time online.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
If you want immersive multiplayer in addition to very well done FPS games, I recommend a 360 as well. The PS3 lacks titles, and the Wii has poor online capabilities (it's improving, but SSBB multiplayer games still have occassional lag and connection drops). I'm sure if you give it a year or so the Wii will become much better, but nowhere near as good as the 360

bookworm99

Reaction score
I heart Wii. There's nothing else to say, really. The PS3 may be the most powerful, but it costs about as much as a small car, and the 360 is a Micro$oft product and thus I refuse to even consider it as a gaming console. The only good thing Micro$oft has done for gaming is Halo... seriously.

So, Wii it is.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I heart Wii. There's nothing else to say, really. The PS3 may be the most powerful, but it costs about as much as a small car, and the 360 is a Micro$oft product and thus I refuse to even consider it as a gaming console. The only good thing Micro$oft has done for gaming is Halo... seriously.

So, Wii it is.

The Wii lacks many titles, and the only good ones are original characters that Nintendo has been milking for the past decade. Mario Kart, Wii Sports (Mario Tennis+everything else), Mario Galaxy.. it gets repetitive after awhile. 360 and PS3 have great current and upcoming releases.. not to mention that the Crytek engine will prevail for the two consoles as well.

The maker of Crysis even mentioned in the speech regarding porting the Crytek engine to console games that they would not go "backwards" in terms of the Wii

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
It has a great technology but nintendo has "abused" it. It has the potential to be good, but nintendo has not provided good games, or good multiplayer capabilities. It's too bad that nintendo had to come out with it first...

I would have prefered a PS3. I am posting from my Wii XD

VPmase

Reaction score
The Wii lacks many titles, and the only good ones are original characters that Nintendo has been milking for the past decade. Mario Kart, Wii Sports (Mario Tennis+everything else), Mario Galaxy.. it gets repetitive after awhile. 360 and PS3 have great current and upcoming releases.. not to mention that the Crytek engine will prevail for the two consoles as well.

The maker of Crysis even mentioned in the speech regarding porting the Crytek engine to console games that they would not go "backwards" in terms of the Wii
All those consoles have are racing games and FPS games. Don't bash on Wii games considering there is a wider library of games.

duffym

Reaction score
I like the Wii primarily because the other two consoles have (and I have no clue why) geared their consoles such that there are almost no good local multiplayer games. I just don't think it makes sense that if I want to play Call of Duty 4 with my brother I have to buy another Xbox 360, you know? The wii on the other hand has sorta gone the extra mile for players like me by making local multiplayer way more fun with interactive local profiles (miis), little freebie trivia games, and the message board app that lets you leave pictures, music, high scores/Mario Kart achievements, and other goodies for people that share the Wii with you. I also really dig the controller, because its more intuitive and less about pointless skills. I never used to good against my friends in fighting games, for instance, simply because I used keyboards so much that I'm just not used to using two joysticks simultaneously while pressing awkward button combinations (especially on the PS controller where they use shapes instead of colors to differentiate the controller buttons).

bobolopo

Reaction score
i got a wii and i'm playing resident evil with it, the graphics are good no cartoon if u are wondering and i don't think kids play resident evil. please dun think that wii are for kids there are many wii games that look decent out in the market.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Never played Wii and am sticking with the ol' PS2.
But I have played on Wii and it is pretty fun.
:)

like2program

Reaction score
Wii is for fun with friends. The fact that it has a cool controller only intensifies the effect. I find that SSBB is the only way to play online, but I have yet to get the game :frown: