No answer from support and appeal doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctinx10m

Reaction score
I don't know if support is ignoring me, but I'm waiting for its answer to solve my issue and explain my reason or if I can't solve anything, get my files. Close accounts without advise and ignore emails because they want, that's not professional and no moral. They need understand how hard was to finish a project and respect the appeal tool (but doesn't work) or at least attend emails from support. This thread is not for bad purposes, is to make them understand and help others with same issues.

Thanks. :)

cjptomas80

Reaction score
You didn't bother trying to read and understand the terms of service/Acceptable Use Policy before you signup. I know it is a nuisance but this is a Free Hosting and there's no reliability service on all Free hosting. If it really important project there should be a backup somewhere else. As for my site, I don't have access at the moment since my ISP is temporary BAN from accessing x10hosting. But I have a "local" backup of it on my computer. Try to talk with @Anna she the most active staff at the moment of this post.

ctinx10m

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, I broke the rules but it wasn't for spamming or something else, that's the reason why am appealing. But I really really those files I don't wanna repeat the year in school hahaha

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, I broke the rules but it wasn't for spamming or something else, that's the reason why am appealing. But I really really those files I don't wanna repeat the year in school hahaha

the fact you admit that you knowingly broke the rules (tos) a legal document
or legal contract between you and the host when you signed up for a free website,
is enough reason for them to ignore you/delete your account and all files.
they wont look at your plea just because you dont want to repeat the year in school.
breaking a legal agreement is not a joke, and shouldn't be taken as one.
but thats just my opinion.

ctinx10m

Reaction score
I didn't know that rule, and from my part I was advising with emails to users, that they joined successfully into a conference by part from a event, but, by sending emails the host consider is spamming, but yeah, isn't a game, and then why they created the "appeal tool", if they have the all reasons to ignore, the "appeal tool" doesn't Work for anything. And to avoid suspensions, they shoud advise every time when user joins into its account, because I did not know that rule until I had my suspension.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ive never been suspended due to abuse, so im not familiar with the "appeal tool".
but looking at the acceptable use policy i can see why there might of been such a decision to suspend your account under what they call Bulk Commercial E-Mail restrictions, even though you may not of been doing it for commercial use.

But if they have the "appeal tool" all you can do is use that option then wait.
it could take a week a month or even longer to get a reply, its free hosting.
if you had paid for your hostings results may of been so much different.

the problem in many cases is people know there is terms of service etc,
but they choose to ignore them when creating a website until it effects them.
then they get all crazy over suspensions and account deletions.
but never think of it when they first create the website.
just an opinion.

kenny9

Reaction score
As for being able to retrieve your files, each individual is responsible for making their own backup file. This backup file should be kept separate from your free site. This is explained in the TOS. Next time you create a free site, read and understand the TOS and make a backup file.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As for being able to retrieve your files, each individual is responsible for making their own backup file. This backup file should be kept separate from your free site. This is explained in the TOS. Next time you create a free site, read and understand the TOS and make a backup file.

they should list this as a common rule to backup your own files.
and dont rely on the hosting service to provide backups.
I've seen a lot of people requesting backups because they
lost their access to files. it should be common practice
to all users.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
they should list this as a common rule to backup your own files.
and dont rely on the hosting service to provide backups.
I've seen a lot of people requesting backups because they
lost their access to files. it should be common practice
to all users.
It is under their Terms of Service no.5 under System Backup.
  1. System Backups
    Backups are the sole responsibility of the customer. x10Hosting retains and offers backups to the customer but does not guarantee this service from failure. It is recommended all customers keep their own backups. Backups will not be provided to account holders who have been suspended for breaching the Terms outlined on this page.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It is under their Terms of Service no.5 under System Backup.
  1. System Backups
    Backups are the sole responsibility of the customer. x10Hosting retains and offers backups to the customer but does not guarantee this service from failure. It is recommended all customers keep their own backups. Backups will not be provided to account holders who have been suspended for breaching the Terms outlined on this page.

they should rephrase that section to be honest as i can
see why people might get confused by it and assume they
can get backups from x10hosting of their websites,
where it actually tries to encourage the customers to do
their own backups.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
maybe they should highlight or enlarge the fonts of the "Backups will not be provided to account holders who have been suspended for breaching the Terms outlined on this page" and "Backups are the sole responsibility of the customer".

pintwin173

Reaction score
they should rephrase that section to be honest as i can
see why people might get confused by it and assume they
can get backups from x10hosting of their websites,
where it actually tries to encourage the customers to do
their own backups.

Seems that when I click "File and Directory Restoration" it reports the Administrator has failed to do something making the service unavailable.
When I click "RC1Soft Restore Backups" it never redirects to the website, making that service unavailable.

So, when all else fails do it yourself: Here's how:

Manual Backup of Files
Enter cPanel and browse to File Manager.
Choose the Home Directory.
Choose Select All in the top Menu.
Click on the Compress button in the top Menu

Choose a name for the compressed file and the compression type and click Compress.
When completed the compressed file will appear in the Home Directory.
Either double-click the file or right click --> Download
Go to the downloads folder in your Browser.

To restore this backup, upload it to your account and extract the files.

Manual Backup of Databases
Enter cPanel and browse to phpMyAdmin.

Select the database you want to backup from the left sidebar.
Browse to the Export tab.
Leaving all options on default is best.
Scroll down the Save as File and make sure the box is checked.

Choose gzipped for Compression and select a name for the database.
If you want the format DATE DATABASES-NAME then enter the following (Case Sensitive): %m-%d-%Y - __DB__

Click Go and the database backup will be created.
Use the Import tab to restore the backup.

Regards,

Pintwin173

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I know how to backup my own files, thats not the problem.
others think its up to x10hosting to do it for them, when its not.
then get upset at x10hosting if they dont get replies.
even when the tos suggests they back up their own files.
just saying.

pintwin173

Reaction score
I know how to backup my own files, thats not the problem.
others think its up to x10hosting to do it for them, when its not.
then get upset at x10hosting if they dont get replies.
even when the tos suggests they back up their own files.
just saying.
My reply wasn't directed at you specifically, spacresx, but rather the people you mention ;-)

Lately many people have complained X10Hosting seems to be ignoring their Free Hosting more than usual (which might be true, but, hey, it's free so what did you expect?) so I figured it might be prudent to post how to do it so users could be more pro-active.

Regards.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree, many others believe they should get 1st class support on a free hosting service (which wont happen)
if they want 1st class support try paying for the services.
then the complaints of no support help would be justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.