Resolved No DNS/namesever option in DirectAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

debo

Reaction score
Sinds the migration I have no option to change my nameservers to Cloudflare. Is there anyway to fix this?
Account default domain is debocraft.x10.mx

Thanks in advance
dutchy

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The DNS editing capabilities of DirectAdmin are not what they were in cPanel and setting nameservers for your .x10.mx domain is not possible.

You would need a domain that allows you to specify the nameservers; you can get free and paid domains from a number of places.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It was never possible to set the name servers for the domains provided by x10, though cPanel had an integration for cloudflare that allowed a cname setup. Unfortunately no such integration is currently available for DirectAdmin, but with DA getting a higher user base there may be one developed in the future, but that's up to either cloudflare or DA developers and not us.

debo

Reaction score
OK, misunderstanding going on here.
When I said the "default" domain is debocraft.x10.mx I thought you would see in the account that there is a "bought" secondary domain added to it. I understand that x10.mx doesn't need a nameserver, but for the bought one I do, this has always worked from before the migration.
My other domain is deboerontour.nl.
Could you plz have an other look into this

Greetz
dutchy

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That domain have cloudflares name severs set already, though since the IP of the server has changed you need to login to the account there and update the A record for that domain. The IP for your server is: 198.91.81.12

With domains bought elsewhere you set the name severs at the place where you bought it, it was never something you set in cPanel either. With cPanel there was however an integration for cloudflare, this is not available for DirectAdmin as there is no one currently developed, but with increased user base for DA hopefully it may come in the future. That is for either DA or cloudflares developers to decide on however.

debo

Reaction score
As the IP was unknown to me (198.91.81.12) and it doesn't show up in DA I did not change the cloudflare settings as it worked before.
All sorted now.
Thanks for helping me out

Greetz dutchy

Status
Not open for further replies.