No More Ads Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkX3536

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering, are ads still needed for free hosting? Seems to me that they are no longer needed since the TOS and AUP did not mention them...

Gotta know since this will affect the layout of my site...

Thanks!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

You have never been forced to use ads on our free hosting.

We did have an option where you voluntarily could place ads and get a hosting package that was a little better then the ad-free option did come with. That option is not available anymore.

darkX3536

Reaction score
Hello,

You have never been forced to use ads on our free hosting.

We did have an option where you voluntarily could place ads and get a hosting package that was a little better then the ad-free option did come with. That option is not available anymore.

Thanks, I must have forgotten that I used to have a free plan here that needed ads... Did recalled that there is an ad-free plan...

Anyway, can I take it that placing of advertisements is now voluntary?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Yup, you can get rid of them if you want :)

~Callum

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I must have forgotten that I used to have a free plan here that needed ads... Did recalled that there is an ad-free plan...

Anyway, can I take it that placing of advertisements is now voluntary?
Yes, advertisement is voluntary on the free hosting we have, like it always has been, only difference is that now you can't "buy" extra benefits by placing ads. What you remember is most likely one of the ad-enhanced plans that, once you requested it, required you to place our ads on your pages.

While we do not offer that option anymore, those that were around when it was offered and opted for an ad-enhanced account, still needs to follow the guides of that plan.

Technically, if you have one of the old ad-enhanced plans, you probably still need to have the ads up, will have to confirm that though.

darkX3536

Reaction score
Yup, you can get rid of them if you want

~Callum

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Yes, advertisement is voluntary on the free hosting we have, like it always has been, only difference is that now you can't "buy" extra benefits by placing ads. What you remember is most likely one of the ad-enhanced plans that, once you requested it, required you to place our ads on your pages.

While we do not offer that option anymore, those that were around when it was offered and opted for an ad-enhanced account, still needs to follow the guides of that plan.

Technically, if you have one of the old ad-enhanced plans, you probably still need to have the ads up, will have to confirm that though.

Well, not to worry, my Ad-Enhanced plan has expired a long time ago due to inactivity... :tongue:

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.