Not able to login to X12.x10hosting.com / mysql is not working either

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxstats

Reaction score
Message is for anna,
or anyone else that is having the same issues//

i dont know whats happening but is there any way to increase the failed login attempts -

i feel like when im editing my pages within your editing form - when it times out and i sign back in ... i feel like i get my self locked out ..

i need my self unclocked once again -

please assist - thank you so much ..

anything i can do to increase the failed login attempts?

I am unable to login to my sql server?
are there issues i am unaware of ? has the migration finished yet?

So basically - there is the X12.x10osting.com link that goes straight to the login form - i was able to login through it with my username dtfx10m2 - but now for last couple days i cannot - //

i can login through the regular x10hosting.com but with my email yyaahhbb..

i also cant connect to the mysql database -
my php forms or files are unable to connect -

my code was working couple days ago - soo not sure whats happening ..

hope someone can help //

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no block for your account.

Migrations are finished, though some backend coding is still being worked on, but that should not affect anyones account at this point.

We always recommend using the regular x10hosting.com login as that is the only way that counts towards the inactivity timer.

Can you give an example of a page on your site that displays mysql error, as right now mysql seem to be running just fine on your server. If not, could you at least let us know the exact error message?

How are you trying to login to the mysql server? It has come to my attention that the phpmyadmin button located under "MySQL management" is more reliable then the one under "Extra Features".

yahhb

Reaction score
There's no block for your account.

Migrations are finished, though some backend coding is still being worked on, but that should not affect anyones account at this point.

We always recommend using the regular x10hosting.com login as that is the only way that counts towards the inactivity timer.

Can you give an example of a page on your site that displays mysql error, as right now mysql seem to be running just fine on your server. If not, could you at least let us know the exact error message?

How are you trying to login to the mysql server? It has come to my attention that the phpmyadmin button located under "MySQL management" is more reliable then the one under "Extra Features".

Thank you -

i already figured it out before anything //

My issue was the "username" and "password" that i had set for accessing the database in mysql - in my coding that was different im guessing it was changed becaz my coding for connecting to database was the same until something changed in my profile - i guess like you said back end coding - must of changed my usernames or removed some usernames therefore ... it wasnt able to connect to my database..

once i updated passwords and used the right username - everything is working now - ///

is there a possibility to increase the number of login attempts for my case?
when i edit my php files through your editor and/or the connection time outs - it goes to a Username and password login- when i try to login there it doesnt accept any username or password that i was able to use before.. its rejecting everything .. soo my work around is annoying but it allows me to continue editing the pages i need to...

i basically go back to X10hosting.com/sso - then open cpanel again - then file manager - etc etc ..

is there a workaround for this redirect? can it just be redirected and check if the session of my username is still active ??
when i do x10hosting.com/sso - my session is still active becaz i am able to re-open cpanel --- /// soo that login screen doesnt make sense that i get when it dies down and says im inactive ??

hope im not confusing and you understand what i just asked/said -

its alot im sorry - //

let me know if i need to restate anything or clarify anything..

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
No usernames would have been changed in any way during the process and most definitely not by our backend coding.

The recommended way to connect databases from your script is to have a special user for it which can be created under mysql management, for each database you have.

We have code in though that should take whatever password you use for the sso page and pass it down to DirectAdmin, though we have noted that with some special chars it doesn't work properly and thus creates a mismatch in worst case. With the overhaul of our backend that is on going we haven't dug into why as logins through sso is the recommended way and that uses sessions rather then password and will always work regardless of mismatch or not, with each login from SSO there is a new session created.

The failed login attempts is per server and can not be used on a per account setting, though the counter resets after a certain time of no failed attempts.

It may be easier to just download the file and use a text editor such as notepad++ (which has syntax highlighting) on your computer, I have yet to encounter a timeout while I was working in my account though, but I mostly only do minor changes using the built in editor.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If your going to take long periods of time editing files,
As Anna stated it is best to download the files then edit the ones you need to.
trying to do that in the online editor would likely have session timeouts.
Myself i use dreamweaver cs5 to connect to edit my website files.
this allows me to edit them on my computer then update changed files without issue.
but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.