Resolved Not secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bymarcma

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is it any way I could remove the warning of "not secure" when you acces to the website??

While I was checking this forum, I saw something about cloudflare but it is with the old cpanel.

Help please.

Thank youu

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Free hosting does not allow for full SSL, you can enable it for your domain, but since that would then use the server certificate it will give an error when viewing the site.

If you do not use https you will not get the warning part however, though chrome at least will still let you know it isn't secure.

Right now CloudFlare is only an option if you have a custom domain where you can set the name servers accordingly. I think with some of CloudFlare paid plans you might be set it up with CNAME but not on their free plan.

bymarcma

Reaction score
Thank you Anna,

I got a custom domain, would you recommend CloudFlare?

Thanks again for the quick answer.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If you need to have the site display as secured I would, they also act as a proxy in that case which to some level can speed up page loads (as they would load from the server closest to the end user each time).

If you want to be using that you need to be aware that in the event of an IP change for your server/account (unlikely to happen any time soon, but it was an occurrence in the recent migrations), you would need to manually update the DNS section of CloudFlare with the new IP.

When you set up with cloudflare you will be provided with two name servers to use, and at the first setup they will probe the current name servers and duplicate what's on them, this can cause a problem in some cases as you may for instance not want to have mail.domain.com proxied if you normally use that in your email client, so you'd need to make sure to turn of the proxy option for any domain you need to use with a non web port.

bymarcma

Reaction score
Perfect, thank you again.

the website is secure now. and like you said I am having problems with the mail. Not sure if it is CloudFare, I am able to send the email but they go straight to the SPAM folder.

Any idea?

Thank you so much.
Marc

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That could be due to server reputation, enabling dkim can help though (if it isn't already), you can find that under email accounts.

Once you done so you would need to click on DNS Management, there will be an entry with the name: x._domainkey (or default._domainkey)

Take that and its value and copy into CloudFlare as a txt record if it is not already there

bymarcma

Reaction score
Done but no luck.

Should I delate the MX entry?

Attachments

• cloud.png
    cloud.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 14

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
No, those are needed to be able to receive emails.

But you may want to remove the proxy function for stmp and pop depending on if you expect to handle mail through a mail client on your computer (ie click the cloud so it turns gray)

bymarcma

Reaction score
Done. Thanks for the advice,

it is still sending the emails to SPAM. Could I do something else about it?

Thank you

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Because of abuse by other users, the emails sent from your x10hosting free account could possibly be marked as spam. I have seen x10 get these issues resolved, but they can come and go. If you would like to use a host for your email that is usually not blocked for spam, consider using Outlook, GMail, or etc. to send and receive your email. For example, GMail calls them "aliases". Mail goes to x10, then GMail pulls it from x10 and keeps it there, where you can reply just like normal; it even shows up as coming from yourdomain.x10.mx . This may be enough to get the spam filters to back off.

Here's how to do it in GMail:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en

Outlook calls them "connected accounts"
https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...look-com-c5224df4-5885-4e79-91ba-523aa743f0ba

cjptomas80

Reaction score
Done. Thanks for the advice,

it is still sending the emails to SPAM. Could I do something else about it?

Thank you
maybe you should add another ip address of x10hosting edge server 198.91.80.251 to spf txt dns. mine is

"v=spf1 a mx ip4:198.91.81.12 ip4:198.91.80.251 include:_spf.google.com include:mailgun.org -all"

where ip4:198.91.81.12 is where my website host and ip4:198.91.80.251 is the email server of x10hosting.

all I know when sending an email from your host server will forward to the email server 198.91.80.251 then resend to the intended recipient.

Correct me if I am wrong.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you're using @cjptomas80 's example, you're on x11, not x12. So it should be

Code:
"v=spf1 a mx ip4:198.91.81.11 ip4:198.91.80.251 include:_spf.google.com include:mailgun.org -all"

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@bymarcma Does this resolve your issue? Please let us know if you need any further assistance or this thread will be closed for inactivity. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.