Notepad

jccblok

Reaction score
Is there anyone else here who edits a lot of their webpages with Notepad only?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I do now a days since I know what I'm doing. If you know the code, Notepad and raw code can be a very powerful thing, that not even the most advanced WYSIWYG editor can do.

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
I actually use Notepad++ for my coding, mainly because it has syntax highlighting

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, when I was 10 I installed cash mod on phpBB with it. I wonder how I managed that because notepad doesen't support lines (it like writes line1; line2; line3; line4; in one row)

openspace

Reaction score
I actually use Notepad++ for my coding, mainly because it has syntax highlighting

Same, I'm looking to work out some code that'll allow N++ to give birth to my children. I'll get it working...some day...

I still use a WYSIWYG to get an idea of how a project is coming along and to check and make sure that I've not completely screwed something up...then it's back to N++.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, when I was 10 I installed cash mod on phpBB with it. I wonder how I managed that because notepad doesen't support lines (it like writes line1; line2; line3; line4; in one row)

LOL that's what Wordpad is for. Wordpad can read files in lines the last time I checked and you can edit HTML files in there, just as long as you save it as text only I believe.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I used to use Notepad, now I use ConTEXT, it has syntax highlighting and compiler shortcuts for just about any language around.

sampuu

Reaction score
I tend to stick to Dreamweaver because it has good syntax highlighting and an "intelli-type" type thing where it works out what you're typing before you've typed it.

I could use notepad, I'm just too lazy :lol:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
It was all I ever used before (I was forced to use Frontpage for a school assignment, ugh). I stopped recently just because I have college and other things to do

dwd2000

Reaction score

Me too. It's a lot easier.
I also use a cheat sheet with a lot of stuff I use over and over. I just copy from it and make the changes. It saves a lot of time and errors.

firesteel

Reaction score

vim > notepad :biggrin:

vim has support for pattern matching, regular expressions, syntax highlighting, you name it! Can also be fully customized to your liking

And it's FAST!!!

But don't go looking for this gem in your c:\windows\system32 directory, it's a Linux/UNIX command line app. Fortunately a version has been ported over to Windows for those interested in learning a new editor.

http://www.vim.org/index.php

Learn a few keyboard shortcuts, and you'll never go back. :cool:

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I tend to stick to Dreamweaver because it has good syntax highlighting and an "intelli-type" type thing where it works out what you're typing before you've typed it.

I could use notepad, I'm just too lazy :lol:

Same here, but I am currently using notepad because I am too lazy to install Dreamweaver. Normally I would create in Dreamweaver and edit in notepad :naughty:

Domenico

Reaction score
As long as you have w3c school or other references for html, php, js, and css it's easy to use a text editer alone to make whatever you want.