Notice that domain has expired..

Status
Not open for further replies.

webport2

Reaction score
ok I am getting a notice that my domain has expired or that the x10.bz domain has expired as of December 30. If anyone else is having this trouble please note this. If it is specific to my url let me know. I should also add that I can log into my Cpanel account and it still operates.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It has been reported by a few members. I have sent a message to the admins that would be able to check into this.
I do however properly see your site at this time, you might need to clear DNS cache and/or browser cache if you see the expired message.

webport2

Reaction score
Ok I will remember the browser cache, I was thinking that since this said domain expiration that it might be domain wide. Thank you for your help.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is (was) domain wide, however some things tend to get stuck in the browsers cache so if you don't see what you expect it may be wise to clear it to ensure you get the latest version of the site. Especially if others say they see what could be expected to be seen.
I have not gotten confirmation from the higher admins, but the first report, that I saw, on this issue was posted about 8 hours ago and since it appears to be working at this time it would seem it was resolved before I even got to the boards today (although perhaps a slightly rocky ride while the information is re-sent to the world that the domain is "back to normal").

webport2

Reaction score
Thank you again, I guess the best thing to do for now is just postpone things until later. I still had the problem though I could load the site a few times. But the problem did reoccur. So I and the rest of us, will have to let the higher ups work on this and resolve it. And I will go do some shopping here instead. Have a good day!

webport2

Reaction score
Yea it is as if someone hijacked the domain and put up a page who's links go to anywhere put x10 If you click the links on the page they do not take you to x10hosting but to other services and sites. Except for the link in this text in the top bar "This domain name expired on Dec 30 2013 11:08:49:000PM Click here to renew it."

sandbox7

Reaction score
Im still down. Really putting the kibosh on learning to develop with twitter bootstrap today..
browser cache is cleared, dns is flushed. I get the same page whether I go to my subdomain (which is under x10.bz) or x10.bz itself
time now is 10:24am in Phoenix, AZ

p.s. I will be in chat for the next couple hours or so (click the link in Anna's sig) in case anyone wants to commiserate

webport2

Reaction score
Still down I see. Well I suppose it is a big network site there and they have allot of equipment. And only so many hands to resolve issues. So I guess I'll try it tomorrow. o_O

yopaapps

Reaction score
Any updates on the status. I have cleared my browser cache, tried different browsers, different PC, still getting Ad page.
In Australia, so it may take time to propagate?

webport2

Reaction score
On one check I did at https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/x10.bz it appeared that a single server in Paris France was not working. And now it appears to be working? Other wise at the moment all appears to be ok at whatsmydns. Funny thing it seems that the whole domain has expired. P.S. I noticed that one of the site links I clicked on at the ad page that pops up on x10.bz had a script or tracking cookie that followed me over to Google, I saw this notice in the status bar of SeaMonkey and I cached it out.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Funny thing it seems that the whole domain has expired.

You do not register subdomains like mysite.x10.bz. They do not "expire"

You register x10.bz . That is what had problems.

webport2

Reaction score
Thats what I meant it appeared that all of the domain of x10.bz had expired.

Update my last post gave me an idea and so I not only cleared my browser cache but my private data and then my site and a few others on x10.bz started working. My browser told me it stopped a redirect script from opening and so I did not allow it to process and waited then as my site came up. So this might help some of you, good luck.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not yet heard from any of the higher admin that would have access to managing domains on this, it is new years eve so that may have some to do with lack of replies. I sent another note to the CEO about this just a few minutes ago just to make sure they get the information.
However, so far all tested domains have worked properly to me through the day, according to some users their domains has come and gone through the past few hours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.