nulled scripts and suspended account

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatton33

Banned
Reaction score
Hi. Sorry i dont understand why my account has been suspended? Please explain why and what i need to do to become unsuspended?

Thanks

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Well how you couldn't tell it was nulled is beyond me. I mean, the included info file says the name of the release group right in the filename, the file they were giving you isn't legally free (a quick glance at their website would've told you that), and just to ram it home, the info file actually says "nullified by" right in it.

This is a zero tolerance permanent suspension for a confirmed violation of our warez policy for uploading illegally obtained pay-to-play software onto our server. You will not be unsuspended or provided access to your account for any reason, including to get fresh backups. Good day.

hatton33

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry this was a genuine mistake. I'm very new to all this in honesty and i'm teaching myself wordpress - a mate gave me a load of plugins he uses and was in the process of uploading them when this happened - i actually handn't even looked at what it was until i got this suspension! The fact i have the free plugin version for this bit of software already shows this was a simple mistake.

Please could you delete the files and re-instate me. I really didn't intend this to happen.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It's -permanent-. We can't remove the suspension for any reason at this point since it flat out says in the TOS this isn't allowed. If you weren't aware of what you were uploading, that's not a valid excuse as you're the account owner and you're responsible for everything on the account.

hatton33

Banned
Reaction score
Please give me the benefit of the doubt. As i say, it really was an honest mistake and one i'm not proud of - i wasnt intending to pirate any software. I've actually made sure on the site i'm building that i provide credits to companies as and when appropriate; i don't pirate software i dont agree with it and i do agree with your policy of not accepting this; I'm just asking that you re-consider as i made a genuine error.

I'm sorry - i also didn't understand what a 'nulled script' even meant until i googled it after i got the suspension notice.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I appreciate that and i do accept responsibility for what happened but it was a mistake and one i do not intend to make again. I apologize profusely, i genuinely really do.

Please reconsider, i'm begging you.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Not gonna happen. Please let me know how you accidentally got hold of your pirated software though. I'm genuinely interested. No, really.

hatton33

Banned
Reaction score
Look, i honestly find this quite upsetting. I've made an honest mistake - have you never made a mistake in your life? I mean, i'll pay for the hosting if it means that i can start afresh and have my account back without the dodgy files i uploaded.

I got given a load of plugins for wordpress on a DVD from a mate who has a successful wordpress site; he suggested i uploaded them and had a play with them, that is all.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
TOS applies the same for everyone, no exceptions.

Sorry that you made a mistake, but regardless you are responsible for making sure what you upload does not violate the TOS.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You said that you accepted responsibility for what happened, and the consequence of what happened is that your account access is PERMANENTLY revoked. This is a part of the zero tolerance policy that applies to EVERY USER here, and that means NO SECOND CHANCES. You've already been told this several times, and the answer is not going to change. Any access to your account whatsoever is not allowed and backups are not allowed either.

Last edited:

hatton33

Banned
Reaction score
I can understand what you are saying but i think this is a little over the top. If you dial the wrong number on the telephone, they dont take the telephone off you! It's a mistake!

I can appreciate that TOS applies to everyone, but surely you can see that this response is very very harsh for the mistake that has been made. I haven't got an up to date backup for my site - surely you could provide me this at the very least - please?

Please reconsider, I'm not a software leacher, i don't want to use pirated software; this is not in my nature.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I think that we are done arguing here. The answer is still not going to change.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Your friend is the one you should be talking to. Explain to him what grief he caused you. Maybe you should make sure your friends are honest before you accept anything from them.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Closing ticket. Fair warning: you have now been told this is permanent by 5 people - reopening this ticket will result in your permanent removal of your ability to access and open tickets or the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.