Obama

Do you want to see Obama reelected?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

garthgillman146

Reaction score
You just know this had to come up sometime (of course i haven't gone through the forum totally yet so there may already be a thread like this). What does everyone think of Pres. Obama? Do you want to see him reelected in 2012. Why?

sankalpgarud98

Reaction score
Although I dont belong to the states and am not much into its politics, the fact that it is in his period that the worlds most wanted terrorist was killed.. So i think he would be re elected...

khopcraft77

Reaction score
Yes he should. The fact that he was able to get, albeit a very crappy version, of free healthcare, is amazing. He is doing his job well... Well, better than the previous presidents.

He won't be reelected though, simply because pointing the economic crisis to him is just too easy!

kinley3

Reaction score
I absolutely do not want Obama to be reelected. He has provided the U.S. with neither hope nor change. His stimulus package went over like a turd in a punch bowl. His economic policies have resulted in a stagnation of the American economy. His foreign policy is...well, what is his foreign policy, exactly? The government is spending and borrowing on an astronomical (and unsustainable) level. Our debt is equal to 93% of total GDP...Wow.

Just let me put it this way. If America were a car, it would be getting into red-line territory.

The sad thing is, with all these things going against him, the chances of him being reelected are pretty good. Republicans have several good candidates, but none who seem to be able to really challenge Obama as far as money goes. And let's face it, the amount of money a presidential candidate can raise is directly proportional to that candidate's chances to win the election. And nobody can raise more money than Obama. He nearly raised $1 billion during the 2008 election. I mean...who can really compete with that?

Jonathan

Reaction score
I absolutely do not want Obama to be reelected. He has provided the U.S. with neither hope nor change. His stimulus package went over like a turd in a punch bowl. His economic policies have resulted in a stagnation of the American economy. His foreign policy is...well, what is his foreign policy, exactly? The government is spending and borrowing on an astronomical (and unsustainable) level. Our debt is equal to 93% of total GDP...Wow.

Just let me put it this way. If America were a car, it would be getting into red-line territory.

The sad thing is, with all these things going against him, the chances of him being reelected are pretty good. Republicans have several good candidates, but none who seem to be able to really challenge Obama as far as money goes. And let's face it, the amount of money a presidential candidate can raise is directly proportional to that candidate's chances to win the election. And nobody can raise more money than Obama. He nearly raised $1 billion during the 2008 election. I mean...who can really compete with that?

The biggest thing helping him monetarily is the unions. I agree with your post.

jodoloy

Reaction score
We need a president that will defend and protect Israel from Iran.

kinley3

Reaction score
We need a president that will defend and protect Israel from Iran.

Look, I don't mean to sound hard-hearted or anything, but to me, we need to get our own country in order before we start worrying about stuff like that. I realize that we have a certain understood responsibility around the world, but that responsibility would no longer exist if the U.S. imploded. Technically, we are involved in three wars, none of which are really accomplishing anything. If we keep doing the things we're doing, we will not be able to aid Israel from the aggression of Iran.

Darkmere

Reaction score
The biggest thing helping him monetarily is the unions. I agree with your post.

It is not only the monetary he gets. He hired an entire staff to work on his reelection, and he is not even paying their salary. He put their salaries on the Governments budget so we are the ones paying for him to be reelected.

wesxbrutal85

Reaction score
I am very fascinated by how many people don't want to see him re-elected. It is like the majority of the country is willing to allow themselves to react to the sinking feeling of despair that is welling up inside of their stomach and understand that we are going in a bad direction.

fractalfeline

Reaction score
I haven't kept up with politics, but I know there is good and bad associated with his presidency. Show me a contender worth voting for and maybe I'd vote for them. Otherwise I think I won't vote; no time to read up on everything and thus no informed opinion on the matter. Besides, most politicians are roughly equally bad, imo.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
He's a fraud. And has done absolutely nothing to help this country. He's lied, and just in general been a horrible president. Anyone who wants him re-elected must be drinking the kool aid, because they're either stupid as hell, or they're racist as all get out. Voting FOR him because he's black is JUST as racist as voting AGAINST him because he's black. And that's exactly what the majority of people did in the '08 election, and what people will do in the 2012 election. They'll vote for him because he's black, but accuse everyone else of being racist for not voting for him - even if their reasons have absolutely nothing to do with his ethnicity.

I just don't understand how people can look at him and say he's doing a good job. He's put us into more debt than ever before.. But it's always the "previous administration"'s fault. No, it's his own goddamn fault, and he just doesn't know it.

Someone mentioned earlier that the country, if it was a car, would be redlining. The only problem here is that Obama's the driver, and he doesn't know how to clutch and change gears - because obviously first isn't the correct one to be in when you're flying faster with your "ideas" than you can actually make the dreams a reality.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: ObamaB

Voting FOR him because he's black is JUST as racist as voting AGAINST him because he's black. And that's exactly what the majority of people did in the '08 election, and what people will do in the 2012 election. They'll vote for him because he's black, but accuse everyone else of being racist for not voting for him - even if their reasons have absolutely nothing to do with his ethnicity.

Ignorant. Plain ignorant.

He massively outspent McCain.
McCain ran a horrible campaign. Obama ran a text book campaign.
McCain was closely associated with a sitting President with an all time low in approval rating.
Already with a majority in the House, the Democrats picked up a net of 21 seats.
In the Senate they picked up 8 seats.

With all those advantages, Obama "only won" by 52.9% to 45.7%. If he had been Bob Halloran O'Bama, Irish-American from Chicago, he would have won by a lot more.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm ignorant for speaking and knowing the truth?

Please, I'd love to know the logic behind that.

You're ignorant for thinking that racism wasn't a GIANT part of his win.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Again, removing race from the equation, with all his advantages, Obama should have won by more than 10%.

According to you, his race was an advantage. So, he should have won be even more than 10%.

But he only won by 7.2%.

Please, explain that.

According to you, a white candidate would have barely beaten McCain. Or lost. Are you kidding?

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I thought he would become a good president, maybe get this country back up on its feet or whatever, but so far I've been really disappointed. I really doubt he'll be re-elected and I just hope the next president will do a better job.

neoac.co.nr87

Reaction score
I'm ignorant for speaking and knowing the truth?

Please, I'd love to know the logic behind that.

You're ignorant for thinking that racism wasn't a GIANT part of his win.
While you could include some people in that category you simply can't ignore his campaign expenditures or methods. For better or for worst he massively outspent McCain and ran a much better campaign. It's how you win votes, and most importantly swing votes.

By demographic minorities, particularly the black population primarily have voted democratic as well for a number of election cycles already so even that can't be used as a means of injecting the race portion into it as a primary driving force. One thing Obama did, that I hope the next republican candidates takes from is how well he mobilized voters for high turnouts...

Anyway, sorry but while I don't like his policies or his job record there's a point where the crits get outrageous. I would suggest seeing if anything quantifies that static you're arguing, and then see how it compares with voters in previous election cycles. It will likely provide the information you're looking for

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.