Out of memory error - Problem of the day :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

gneeli

Reaction score
Today I'm getting this error on stoli "Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 25427968 ) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/*************/public_html/wp-admin/includes/media.php on line 162"

I haven't got this message before. What's happening? Is this an update or just a temporary problem? If it is an update then please tell me so that I can change my host from today. Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
That's unfortunate to hear. It might just be that your website is growing and needs more resources. I would recommend you buy the Prime upgrade (it's not very expensive) as it comes with double the amount of memory and CPU and the following:

Remove portal inactivity rule.
Allow 1 cronjob execution per minute.
Prime member status on our community forums - User badge and title.
Doubled CPU and memory resources
Doubled package allowances - Domains, databases, FTP accounts, and email addresses.
Access to prime members-only forum.
Advertisement-free community forums and cPanel.

That will allow you to have more power for your site and should stamp out those issues.

To upgrade, go here and look for the Prime upgrade.

EDIT: It might be something that's been changed, another user is experiencing this. http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/179318-out-memory.html

Last edited:

gneeli

Reaction score
See carefully. (allocated 25427968 ) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) My page just tried to allocate only 30720 bytes and allocated bytes are 25427968. That's not my problem. I believe It's the server that's going crazy.

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
See carefully. (allocated 25427968 ) (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) My page just tried to allocate only 30720 bytes and allocated bytes are 25427968. That's not my problem. I believe It's the server that's going crazy.

That's 0.02 megabytes, must be a problem with the server, the limit can't be that hard.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
same problem here, hope they fix it soon :/

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 24903680) (tried to allocate 1966080 bytes) in /home/jesschen/public_html/phpBB3/cache/tpl_prosilver_viewtopic_body.html.php on line 322

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
That's unfortunate to hear. It might just be that your website is growing and needs more resources. I would recommend you buy the Prime upgrade (it's not very expensive) as it comes with double the amount of memory and CPU and the following:

Do everybody a favor. If you do not know what you are talking about, don't say anything. And do not push upgrades that the user probably do not need.

glyners

Reaction score
i have been getting this now for 2 weeks
Resource Limit Hit!

This site has exceeded its resource limits for the past hour, web traffic has been restricted. Limits are reset every hour, please try back shortly.
Common reasons for this error:
•High resource usage scripts.
•Poorly coded scripts.
•Time to upgrade.

spadija

Reaction score
That's a different problem. That means your site is using too much of the server's processing power.

My site (also Wordpress and also one that never ran into the PHP memory limit before) is getting the same error while trying to allocate 7680 bytes, though on a different script.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
They are apparently still working on the servers. The default memory limit for PHP is 32M and the admins up that to 64M (so you won't have that specific problem) near the end of the process.

markhere

Reaction score
Maybe you should start a daily thread Problem of the day. Just wondering would you have enough hours in the day to keep track. lol

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
Administrators are aware of this problem?

I would of thought so, considering maintenance is happening on other servers, they've got more important things to worry about. Not everyone is having this problem anyway, it depends on what you're running.

volpevid

Reaction score
I'm on Starka and my website is reporting this error from two days :frown:

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
what's weird is that in my subdomain of my site, I don't get any of the memory errors.

I've already lost my patience. I hope they fix the problems after they finish the maintenance :/

gneeli

Reaction score
It's been two days and this issue still not solved! I'm losing my money and reputation as well. These recent problems just ruined everything that I have been doing for one year. :(

monex10m

Reaction score
I would of thought so, considering maintenance is happening on other servers, they've got more important things to worry about. Not everyone is having this problem anyway, it depends on what you're running.
wordpress seems to have them all

Status
Not open for further replies.