Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

callum60326

Reaction score
Hi,

Somehow my support request got closed without anyone being able to help me so here it is again:

I have been trying to set up my email on outlook but once it has been set up I can only receive emails but not send them. What am I doing wrong?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Callum Jackson.

callum60326

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I have attempted to set up my email account again on Outlook but I am still getting the same message it says it can't connect. What is it that I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Callum Jackson.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

Make sure that you have the box checked that SMTP requires authentication and that you are trying to use port 25 for outgoing messages in your account settings

callum60326

Reaction score
Sorry it took me along time to reply I have only just checked to see if there was any replies.

I have checked and I have got the box checked that says " My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and I am trying to use port 25 but it still isn't working.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Does your ISP by any chance block Port 25? You'll know if they are since Outlook would be configured to use an alternate port for SMTP instead of the default of 25. Some ISPs, such as the ISP I use (Verizon) block Port 25 to combat spam.

What is the error Outlook is giving you?

Last edited:

callum60326

Reaction score
The default port outlook uses is port 25 and the error message I receive is this:

Task 'callumjackson@majesty.pcriot.com - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I hope you can help,
Callum.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
A first step would be checking with your ISP if they allow outbound port 25 for any other mail servers then their own, it is not uncommon that they restrict usage to their own mail servers. If they do, they may have a relay server you can use to send from the x10 email address, they offer this relay server as a means to keep in control so no spam is sent from their networks.

callum60326

Reaction score
I have had a look on their website and Three do block port 25 they suggest using either port 587 or port 465 but both don't seem to work the first gives the same error message as port 25 and port 465 just times out.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I have just managed to sort it out. It totally went wrong on my Ipod so I deleted the account and set it up again, before it was doing the same as outlook only receive but not sending but after doing that I found out I could send and receive using my Ipod so I just copied the settings from my Ipod into outlook and that got it working all I had to do was change the outgoing port to 465 and use SSL type of encrypted connection and then change the incoming port to 993 and SSL type of encrypted connection then change the time out to long (10 Minutes because before it kept on timing out) and then OK it all. Doing all of that seemed to sort it out.

Thanks for all of your help in trying to find a solution.

Callum.

Status
Not open for further replies.