Overloaded FTP

erescripts22

Reaction score
Just me thinking the FTP is greatly overloaded?
About 90% of the time I'm trying to connect (I've been having this issue since I joined X10, which is weeks ago), I get the error "421 50 users (the maximum) are already logged in, sorry".
Now I've been having it for an hour. I was able to upload two files once, but then it came back.

It's actually really hard to develop a site if I can't upload files to the server.

And I've never like web FTP, I actually prefer waiting an hour until I can upload files than using web FTP (although both sux).

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Quite honestly, unless there are users abusing the connection limit on FTP or there are a lot of people uploading/downloading data using FTP, trying again every few minutes should get you a connection as other FTP sessions time out. I know x10 can increase the connection limit, but that naturally has a cost of system resources. cPanel's File Manager is honestly the for-sure way of getting your data to the server and from the server, even if it's flexibility is limited in comparison to what FTP lets you do (Drag and Drop tons of files).

Last edited:

weirdvision72

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem here. I've been trying the whole morning to connect to FTP and I'm still getting the same message. :(

erescripts22

Reaction score
Quite honestly, unless there are users abusing the connection limit on FTP or there are a lot of people uploading/downloading data using FTP, trying again every few minutes should get you a connection as other FTP sessions time out.

Yes, after about half an hour I get access. Unfortunately, my FTP session time out too.
EDIT: Tried web FTP. Not even that works. I get stuck on "Starting upload".
I use a JavaScript error extension for Google Chrome, which shows errors. The upload gave me this "TypeError: Cannot read property 'documentElement' of null [https://lotus.x10hosting.com:2083/cPanel_magic_revision_1313907964/frontend/x3/js/filemanager_upload_optimized.js:1]"
EDIT2: The other web FTP worked tho, but it's even worse than the first one.

Last edited:

weirdvision72

Reaction score
Well, dunno if installing a new FTP software and creating a new FTP account did the trick, but I finally managed to connect and right now the site is uploading quite nicely. Me happy. :D

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yesterday I believe there was an issue on one of the servers where people could not connect due to the limit of 50 users being reached. I'm not sure whether this has been resolved now, but it weirdvision72 says it is.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Does it happen all the time?
No; I think this was just a rare issue with the FTP on one particular server.

nodraw

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem i am on the lotus server end cant get on for 2 days now

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I think the problems are back for Lotus. From what I gather on the IRC, this problem is still persisting on a particular server... i think.

erescripts22

Reaction score
I'm also on Lotus, and now none web FTP works: The server is too busy to handle your request. Please wait a few minutes and try again.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, the Lotus FTP is currently having some problems so I've heard on the IRC.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
An alternative, of course, is to zip all the files up on your local pc, upload that through Cpanel and use the unzip utility in Cpanel to extract all the files.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
There's been problems reported with unzip sadly, but I did forward the ftp problem to admins, not sure what they'll try to remedy the problem though.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I've heard that .tar.gz uploads are a bit temperamental; not sure about .zip so it might be worth giving that a go.