Oxwall Cron Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

interne3

Reaction score
Hi. I got a new site at hakfriends.tk for just hanging out. Although, I do want to know, I installed Oxwall and it is telling me to execute "ox_cron/run.php" every minute. Just reading the terms of service, I quickly realized that is against the TOS as quoted here "Your jobs cannot load external resources or execute more than 1 job per 5 minutes". So, please, can someone tell me how to run that every 5 minutes, since that minimum is not limited by the TOS. I found the command for every minute, but I don't know how to modify it for 5 minutes. Or is there another way to get this running without breaking one of the rules stated clearly in the TOS?

Thanks so much!

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Kelvin,

When you are creating your cron job in cPanel, you should be able to see a dropdown labelled "Common Settings". From there, there should be an option for "Every 5 minutes". ;)

Thank you,

interne3

Reaction score
wget -q -O /dev/null http://www.yoursite.com/ow_cron/run.php
Will it work? Because Oxwall wants me to make one per minute and when I make one for per 5 minutes with that command modifying the domain, it will not work. It still says to create a cron job in admin panel.

Also, the local cron asks me to SSH into the servers, and I am aware that SSH is not available on X10Hosting, am I correct?

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to only update after about 5 minutes that the cron job was created. Thank you for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.