Page Error With Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
How did you link it? Looking up the domain it seem it is not pointing to our servers properly at this time.

In order for a custom domain to work it has to be set in your account as parked or addon domain, otherwise the server have no idea what content is expected to be shown on that domain and gives that defaultwebpage.cgi as you are seeing.

To be able to add the domain to your account you would need to start with setting our nameservers on the domain, they are ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

depnetw2

Reaction score
How did you link it? Looking up the domain it seem it is not pointing to our servers properly at this time.

In order for a custom domain to work it has to be set in your account as parked or addon domain, otherwise the server have no idea what content is expected to be shown on that domain and gives that defaultwebpage.cgi as you are seeing.

To be able to add the domain to your account you would need to start with setting our nameservers on the domain, they are ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com
How would I do this with cloudflare? What is the "a" thing?

caftpx10

Reaction score
On your registrar (where you registered your domain) and on Cloudflare, change the value set for your actual domain and 'www' to the server you're going to use.
To find out the IP to use, go to https://www.whatsmydns.net and enter the free sub-domain that you got with X10 (no 'http://') and make sure the dropdown menu is set to 'A'.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The domain still needs to be added to the account, which can only be done if the domain is configured to use our name servers.

Once added it should be possible to enable cloudflare through cPanel (using the full cPanel x3 theme, use the option in the upper right to switch to this theme if you are currently using basic).

Status
Not open for further replies.