Page not loading - not Chopin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrolman

Reaction score
Hi, I seem to have a problem with my website, it doesn't seem to be loading. I'm not sure exactly how long it's been like that because I've been away for the last two weeks, but I haven't made any changes to the site recently so if you could have a look for me it would be great.
Thanks a lot

toyowheelin

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems that your domain is pointing to the wrong IP address, you need to direct it to 74.63.233.25 rather than 69.162.70.130. Give that a try and see if the issue fixes itself, remember it may take some time for DNS to propagate.

Patrolman

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, it's not the first time something like this has happened. The problem is I lost my bookmark for the site to manage my dns at some stage in the past when my pc crashed and I can't find it anywhere - I don't know how to do it. It wouldn't be too much of a problem if I could get some support from my domain registrar. I think last time the problem solved itself somehow and I just forgot about it despite the fact that the clowns didn't get back to me.

Does anyone know how I might manage my DNS? I registered my domain with weycrest.co.uk, I think they use something called plesk to manage DNS amongst other things. Does anyone know an easy way to contact them? Perhaps I'm doing it wrong, I used a support desk and then tried an email to support@weycrest.com but still no replies.

If anyone is thinking about registering a domain name through this company I would strongly recommend not doing it, their customer service is non-existent. Even a phone call to them is left as a message only.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
http://weycrest.co.uk/domain-name-help.php
I do not personally use them, but they should function like all other companies.
`Login
`find a way to change DNS records
`you may need to open a support ticket

also, I would change the nameserver to
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com
so that in case of a server move and x10 loses the ip address, it will be automatically updated.

eyemdee

Reaction score
Alternatively just use the Weycrest instructions to point your domain to the new Chopin IP address : 74.63.233.25

"Ideally your free web space provider will provide the IP address of their hosting servers. You can then use Plesk's DNS Admin feature to redirect your domain to this IP address. This is better from a search engine viewpoint than web forwarding."

You have to raise a support ticket with Wavecrest to get them to change the DNS record so setting the IP address yourself will be easier!

Last edited:

Patrolman

Reaction score
The problem is that I can't find anywhere to login. I have a record of a separate website which I think is their 'billing centre', I have opened a support ticket there a couple of days ago, but have not received a reply. In the 'billing centre' there is no facility to change DNS records so I'm kind of stuck.

I also sent an email to support@weycrest.com a couple of days ago and haven't yet received a reply. I did find another email address on the page you linked: admin@weycrest.com , so hopefully I'll have more luck with that one.

Thanks for your help

Patrolman

Reaction score
Alternatively just use the Weycrest instructions to point your domain to the new Chopin IP address : 74.63.233.25

"Ideally your free web space provider will provide the IP address of their hosting servers. You can then use Plesk's DNS Admin feature to redirect your domain to this IP address. This is better from a search engine viewpoint than web forwarding."

You have to raise a support ticket with Wavecrest to get them to change the DNS record so setting the IP address yourself will be easier!

As far as I know I'm not on Chopin (Chopin is the name of a server right?), in my x10 account information I see server: Lotus.x10, so I think I'm on the Lotus server.

My problem is finding Plesk's DNS admin feature after losing my bookmarks, I've searched the emails I have, but I can't find anything. Hopefully there's someone who uses weycrest who can help me out.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As far as I know I'm not on Chopin (Chopin is the name of a server right?), in my x10 account information I see server: Lotus.x10, so I think I'm on the Lotus server.

My problem is finding Plesk's DNS admin feature after losing my bookmarks, I've searched the emails I have, but I can't find anything. Hopefully there's someone who uses weycrest who can help me out.

you are on lotus.

there is a place to log into for billing, but im not sure if that would get you to your account panel.
https://secure1.z5net.com/billing/
nvm. I just re-read your thread and saw that you tried that already

Last edited:

Patrolman

Reaction score
you are on lotus.

Thanks.

I tried to add to your reputation, is there any confirmation when it happens? The little pop-up window just hung around, so I don't know if it did anything, I might have even added about 3 rep points trying, I'm not sure if that's possible though.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks.

I tried to add to your reputation, is there any confirmation when it happens? The little pop-up window just hung around, so I don't know if it did anything, I might have even added about 3 rep points trying, I'm not sure if that's possible though.
thank you. no worries. it only added it once. =D

but I dont think thats it.
http://www.weycrest.co.uk/web-hosting-faq.php#1

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Patrolman

Reaction score
I found a thread on another forum called Weycrest? Can't get a response (sounds familiar), but I did find this information:
usually Plesk control panels are located using this URL format:
https://www.example.com:8443
or
http://www.example.com:8880
where example.com is either your website's domain, or your server's domain... depending on how it was configured.

I then tried with my website but it does the same thing as when I try to go my my website normally - it tries to load the page for ages and then comes up with the message:
The connection has timed out
The server at inglesencoruna.com is taking too long to respond.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I have written emails to a few more addresses I found on the site (one of which didn't work) so hopefully someone will contact me tomorrow during business hours.

Thanks a lot for your help guys, now I'm going to bed.

Patrolman

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.