Paid or Free Hosting

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Free, of course. I can't do paid w/o parent permission and my mom will never allow paid hosting. never.

denzil

Reaction score
Well paid is better of course. If it weren't, it would be free and free would be paid, haha :D

But seriously, x10 free hosting is great, but compared to the paid it, the only thing it has is that it's a minimal amount cheaper. Everything else is matched or improved.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Free hosting is essential to test the site as certain low cost paid hosts have limited subdomains
And paid hosts are required once the site attracts considerable vists.
Free hosts will put a resource limit on the hosting account and may even suspend if more people access the site at once as the load on the server hits the limits put on the hosting.

_blood-maffia_77

Reaction score
Paid hosting, why?
I just recently bought paid hosting, it is great. There is like absolute no downtime. In terms of features, it kind of depends on what package you get. But paid hosting is really great :) Gives you the comfort of know that your site will be up, without any downtime problems. Plus, with paid hosting you get the priority support, which can be a good thing, especially if you need support fast, and good support at that. But I'm not "dissing" free hosting, yes, it's great, because, well, it's FREE. You're not certain for as much uptime though, as there are more free accounts, on the free servers, than the paid servers. The support is also great! but, it isn't "priority" which means, paid before free customers :) But anyway, paid is the way! :D

i never have downtime or problems so yeah i use free but when my site gets beter i gonna think about to take a paid one also bc then i got .nl or .com and not x10.mx or exofire.net but it doesnt matter that much bc i like the word exofire lols :biggrin: whatever 8)

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Haha.

That sure is a good reason. Free hosting is great at x10, because of the support. If a member has an issue it is usually answered within an hour or two, which is excellent. But, I would still prefer paid. Another upside to paid, for the hosting company at least, it helps support them. :)

+ if you dont pay for anything and just sell stuff or just earn money with your website.. its great btw it says unlimited space.. thats enough for me lols8)

prototypedesign33

Reaction score
x10 is the best hosting I've seen, to be honest. Both their free and paid hosting are the equivalent of paid hosting elsewhere. That said, when I scrape together a little more cash, I'd love to upgrade to paid hosting, just because my current experience with setting up a site on x10 has been awesome and I'd love to support them.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Free hosting is essential to test the site as certain low cost paid hosts have limited subdomains
And paid hosts are required once the site attracts considerable vists.
Free hosts will put a resource limit on the hosting account and may even suspend if more people access the site at once as the load on the server hits the limits put on the hosting.
Also better than premium is to go for VPS and then have your own rules there.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Paid and FREE....

What do I mean...well x10hostings free service, is probably the best free service I've seen....if you've been with other free hosting services...you'll know x10hostings is better...

As for paid...paid is obviously better...it has more EVERYTHING...

And I must say what the above poster Stormscape said is 100% to what I am thinking...they can't be compared...it has an obvious answer...(to me at least)...

shdus1

Reaction score
Paid is definitely better. For a few dollars a month, you can turn a site that you would use for personal stuff into something that has the power to be part of your business. But for those of us that don't need it, and don't mind the slowdowns and stuff that are inevitable with free hosting, that is the way to go.

insgen_quaker11

Reaction score
If I could afford it right now I would... but I'm not getting any good income for a few weeks.

Perhaps then...

dfsgdgdf

Reaction score
Both free hosting and paid hosting have their own pros and cons. It's just a matter of finding what suits you, and what you find useful.

zbloomq35

Reaction score
Free hosting really depends on the provider. Some will be badly-managed hobby sites run by teenagers in their spare time, and some are actual registered companies whose employees take their job seriously. You can host most sites with free hosts, it's just a matter of finding the right one for the job.
Paid hosting, on the other hand, can be cheaply bought at many places. Also, nearly every paid host will try their best to keep your site up, because you are paying them for it.
The bottom line? If you don't need 24/7 availability or are just making a hobby site, free hosting is the way to go. If you are making a business or some other serious venture, use paid hosting.

darzamora

Reaction score
definitely paid hosting... why? lots of advantage, the support is
fast (paid hosting are prioritized), but for now, I'm on for free hosting
coz i still have no budget to buy for paid hosting :)

slowmassacrelabz24

Reaction score
To me, it's like this...
FREE is good if it is offered correctly, but only for certain types of persons. I think personal sites should always get free hosting as they're not making any money off it, yet providing needed content to the still developing network. The same goes for businesses just starting and businesses not making any money.

As your business grows, you should continually grow your hosting, ending in owning your own hardware/mainframe. It's like a physical business. You start out small, but as more customers gravitate to your site, you need more infrastructure, thus you upgrade your hosting package.

FREE sites are a great way to "grow" the network and it's a shame they are (usually) done so wrong (i.e. heavy restrictions and ads). They actually downgrade your service if you make a great site that has people visiting (i.e. you use up all your bandwidth). Then, they place tacky ads on your site that you don't even get to choose (not even the type of businesses can be chosen).

It's a real shame, imagine being able to generate traffic to a particular network, but the owners can't think of any way to make money off it except "throw up" some tacky horizontal rectangle ads at everyone. This is a real sign of what I like to call "economic failurilization". It's the study of economic systems whose primary use is to fail.

X10 is great because of its bandwidth and ad policies, which is why I chose them.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I might add, if "they" hadn't gone with one inclusive "internet" price plan (as in, you pay your ISP and you get access to ? amount of networks under one bill), and instead opted for a pay-to-access network(s) pricing plan (as in, you pay $0.25 to connect to, say, "the Leap Frog" Network), then the hosting companies would probably be paying YOU to have a site, just to get people to their network. Imagine that, a hosting site paying YOU for your hit counts or quality......different world i guess.

You know, people act like site programming is the easiest thing in the world, but I think everyone would be surprised to know how few people can actually do it. Where's my money???

Last edited:

shahalpk82

Reaction score
I am using freehosting.. But my site seems to go down often, sometimes reading the session file won't work thus access control doesn't work well. I am planning to move to paid hosting, but do u guys guarantee that my site will 100% up..

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I am using freehosting.. But my site seems to go down often, sometimes reading the session file won't work thus access control doesn't work well. I am planning to move to paid hosting, but do u guys guarantee that my site will 100% up..
x10Premium
"99.9% guaranteed uptime."
And premium hosting also comes with premium support.

henk506673

Reaction score
I would go with free becuase it is great for newbes who want the best in cpanel hosting.