Parked Domain- how do i get custom in address bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmreiche

Reaction score
I have a custom domain that I parked onto my website. When you type it in, it works great sending you to my x10 page. What I was asking, is there a way to hide the x10.mx in the address bar and have my custom domain displayed instead.
I was told to do this..
What you need to do is update your script to reflect the custom domain, many scripts automatically sets up an redirect to lead ALL incoming connections, regardless of what domain they use, to the one configured as the domain in settings.

but I am not sure what this means.

iSean

Reaction score
Yes, what you want to use is an "Addon Domain" instead of a parked domain.

Go to your cPanel (Assuming you are using cPanel Basic).

Click on "Domains" in the navigation, then click on "Add New Domain"

You can then follow the instructions from their. Remember to choose "Addon Domain" not "Parked Domain".

:)

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, what you want to use is an "Addon Domain" instead of a parked domain.

Go to your cPanel (Assuming you are using cPanel Basic).

Click on "Domains" in the navigation, then click on "Add New Domain"

You can then follow the instructions from their. Remember to choose "Addon Domain" not "Parked Domain".

The way I read his question is that he wants the two to have the same contents, which would mean a Parked Domain.

The way I read his problem is that currently typing mydomain.com gets to his site, but with mydomain.x10host.com in the address bar.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What you need to do is: Log in to the the admin interface of your script. Look for a setting that concerns site url. Change that to be your custom domain.

nmreiche

Reaction score
The way I read his question is that he wants the two to have the same contents, which would mean a Parked Domain.

The way I read his problem is that currently typing mydomain.com gets to his site, but with mydomain.x10host.com in the address bar.

Thats exactly what I want to do.

http://crossroadsdesigns.x10host.com/?nr=1

crossroadsdesignsonline.com

I did change the admin to the custom domain, but it is still showing the x10 in the address bar :\

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 3

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You have to have the custom domain parked here. Your domain is currently located on Godaddy, so changing the admin setting will do nothing.

nmreiche

Reaction score
It is parked on my web host. Godaddy dns nameservers point to x10 hosting and crossroadsdesignsonline is parked on x10. Am I not doing this correctly?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, it's currently showing the "Website coming soon" page. The system will have to sort that out before we can check on the original problem.

nmreiche

Reaction score
Ok. :) Thank you for helping me out :) I've never done this before, and I'm finding it maddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.