Parked domain still shows my x10hosting URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriskol

Reaction score
Hi, I have searched for a while, so my apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. All of the answers that I have found in the forums are for an older version of c-panel (I think?) and do not look anything like the options that I have in mine.
That said, I "own" 911computerguy.com through godaddy.com. I have updated my nameservers with them, and if you type www.911computerguy.com into your browsers address bar, it will take you to my website (hosted here).
However, as soon as you land on the site, it changes the URL to my x10hosting URL chriskolitsch.x10host.com and this is not desirable.
My question is:
How do I make my visitors see my correct domain name instead of my x10 hosting name?
Thank you so much!
-Chris

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That is probably due to a redirect set by the script you use (wordpress among others do this), to get the proper URL showing, you would most likely need to update the settings of your script to use the custom domain you have

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
How do I make my visitors see my correct domain name instead of my x10 hosting name?

you need to set the new URL in your blog software -:- usually named "Site URL" or something similar on its configuration page

chriskol

Reaction score
I appreciate that Anna. I will delve into that next!
If I leave my domain parked (versus using it as an addon) with x10 and I have set x10's DNS servers at godaddy.com, will that be sufficient to accomplish what I need, assuming I fix my WordPress issue?
Thanks!

chriskol

Reaction score
Hey, it was a simple as changing my sites URL in my general>settings section of WordPress. All this time I thought it was a hosting issue, not a WP issue. Thanks so much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.