Participating in Foruns

peddyvirtual

Reaction score
The participation in the foruns is a bit "messy". I never know what to write and prefer to just read :redface:. But my account gets always suspended because i don't participate in the foruns:mad:... Kind of a nasty cycle :tongue:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Posting is not required, ever.

denzil

Reaction score
You don't have to write anything. As long as you log on here every once and again. You don't even have to read if you don't want to. Just the simple log in.

*didn't see your post corey

Last edited:

theone48

Reaction score
If I may explain away the confusion here peddyvirtual...

As Corey and Denzil say, you never have to participate in the forum or write anything. All you need do is log into the forum every month or so with your x10 account. If you don't, the system will automatically suspend you, as I found out the hard way. Unsuspending is easy as you are probably already aware though.

Honestly Corey, this should be made more obvious to subscribed members, as I myself was caught off-guard in the beginning; thinking it was my account that I was required to regularly log in to. Now I'm stuck with "Unsuspended" in the status area of my account instead of the original "Active". Will it ever revert back?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It is made very obvious as it can be, in my opinion.

1. It's described in detail in the TOS that is agreed to upon sign-up.

2. There are faqs about it located in the free hosting support forum and the Useful Information forum.

3. It also says it specifically and precisely in the suspension reason should the inactivity suspension happen. But it still gets past people that don't stop to read that suspension reason carefully because there have been lots and lots of users that had claimed that the suspension reason said to login frequently to their account panels or cPanels. That was never true. The suspension reason specifically says to login to the forum.

I should say it would be probably annoying to others that just never think to look up information and faqs about their account.

Is it really affecting anything in your account for it to say Unsuspended? My status also says Unsuspended and it affects nothing in my active account. I've never had any suspensions either.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
All you need do is log into the forum every month or so with your x10 account.

It is NOT "every month or so"

It IS
==>
from - FREE HOSTING TERMS OF SERVICE (TOS)
Inactivity You are required to visit the forums at least once every 31 days to keep your account
active, no posting is ever required.
<==

you MUST log-in to http://x10hosting.com/forums/ with NO MORE THAN 31 days between log-ins
this is NOT once a month - log-in on 08/01/2011 and 09/15/2011 would be 45 days between log-ins

======================================
Honestly Corey, this should be made more obvious to subscribed members, as I myself was caught off-guard in the beginning; thinking it was my account that I was required to regularly log in to.

When you fill-out the form for your new account at x10Hosting
you are REQUIRED to read the TOS and you are REQUIRED to show you have done so by checkmark

you did not read the TOS

BTW unlikely Corey will ever see your post

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
im logged in the forum!!! but still my site is suspended.. maybe i'll just have to wait a bit??...

Logging into the forums doesn't automatically unsuspend you. You still have to login to your account panel afterwards, view your suspensions and click the link to unsuspend yourself, just as your suspension reason specifically said to do.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
im logged in the forum!!! but still my site is suspended.. maybe i'll just have to wait a bit??...

I will take off the suspension for you. Just for future note, when you are suspended due to inactivity you need to remove the suspension yourself at http://x10hosting.com/control (The x10Hosting Hosting Account Panel). There will be an option in there to remove the inactivity suspension.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

I will take off the suspension for you. Just for future note, when you are suspended due to inactivity you need to remove the suspension yourself at http://x10hosting.com/control (The x10Hosting Hosting Account Panel). There will be an option in there to remove the inactivity suspension.

theone48

Reaction score
calistoy, bdistler,

Exactly. In the Terms Of Service. There's all sorts of stuff in the terms of service. If someone's going through all that it is easy to mentally confuse logging in to the forum with just plain logging in, at least it was for me. What I meant that it should be made more obvious is like a warning when you log in to your account, there will be a popup containing link to the forum that says something like: "You are close to being suspended, Please click HERE to visit forum." That I believe makes it easier on the subscriber and would lower the occurence rate of suspension. It's an idea.

sherry100663

Reaction score
You do receive a notice (in email) that warns you that your account is about to be suspended for inactivity. It also states clearly to log into the forums to not be suspended. I logged into the forum last week when I received that notice and was suspended this morning anyhow.

Clicked the link in the email, clicked the button to remove the suspension and logged in here again. Its a free service, and one of the best I've seen. They don't make it hard to remove the suspension so there really shouldn't be an issue with it.

Last edited:

theone48

Reaction score
Re: Participating in Forums

Sherry,

Yes, they don't make it hard, but it could still be easier. You still got suspended even after you logged in to the forum. Seems to be a common occurence. There something else we don't know about, I wonder?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Re: Participating in Forums

Sherry,

Yes, they don't make it hard, but it could still be easier. You still got suspended even after you logged in to the forum. Seems to be a common occurrence. There something else we don't know about, I wonder?

What's happening is that the email will queue up before sending itself out to you for the warning, so it doesn't just go out immediately, just ASAP. Very recently I saw more than the usual support tickets about inactivity suspensions. If the email queue is very large, that will slow down it's delivery to you. The suspension will still queue up as well when 31 days have past from the last forum login. It's still your responsibility to login before the 31 days are up to prevent a suspension for inactivity.

Last edited:

longbich

Reaction score
Just had the notification about not logging in.
I was unable to access any computer at all for over 4 weeks in Botswana and Zimbabwe.
Maybe that could be some kind of allowance. You know just if it's a bit hard at times to log in......?
Now I am back in Australia I can get back to regular logging in.