Participating in Foruns

theone48

Reaction score
lol, Anna. Quite the saleswoman too, I see! Well, I have another suggestion. Some ISP's and e-mail service providers have this system that you can automatically set your account to away if you're not going to be around for a while and then resume when you get back. This might be a good convenience feature to keep in mind for future addition in x10 free, as it too would solve issues like longbich's.

longbich

Reaction score
If I come here just to login mostly I feel like I'm wasting my time but if I think of a tip or something that I have succeeded with then it feels better.
Sometimes I come across something so simple but so worthwhile that I wonder how come I haven't thought of using this before? F'rinstance the way that Windows already has a method of grabbing one of the brilliant photos available on the net.
If you are watching one of those amazing PowerPoint slide shows you can save one of the pics for later use using good ol' Paint.
Stop the slideshow on the photo you want/ Alt and Printscreen/Find Paint (probably in Accessories)/Edit/ Paste. There it is.
Then you can File/Save to wherever you keep your photos. Great!

Last edited:

blackviperofdeath86

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it should detect if you are signing into forums OR into your account w/ Cpanel. It would save a LOT of frustration. I usually don't enter forums unless I'm specifically looking for something, not to keep my account active.

Just a thought though.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I think that would be a nice idea if x10Hosting thinks it necessary. However, the current method of logging into the forums every 30 days still seems effective in deleting old unused accounts, even though it might cause frustration for few users.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Kinda off-topic, but anyways, I really like the new theme for the forums. It definitely makes things seem more organized and professional.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, I like the fact that it is similar to the main x10Hosting website which definately makes it more professional and fits better with x10Hosting. :)

awkahrs32

Reaction score
Reading threads like this makes it easier to remember to log into the forums more often. Just sayin'.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's definitely better to NOT wait for the emails warning you of suspension. I haven't been suspended yet, but I too forget to come on here until I get the warning email.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse, but it's definitely better to NOT wait for the emails warning you of suspension. I haven't been suspended yet, but I too forget to come on here until I get the warning email.
I agree, but I forget things quickly lol

netstat12387

Reaction score
:wink: I'm gonna say hello world to all and post something to get myself out of troll mode for a while.

and....I would like to thank you all for the opportunity you create here, and....thanks for all the work you put into this..and....that's all folks.

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
My 2-cents:

a) Make sure you login to the FORUM, not just control panel (like everyone above has said...).
b) Script blockers and other privacy controls (denying cookies too) might prevent the server from "seeing" you.

Just a couple of things to check.