Password not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

masonprof

Reaction score
Hello. I have a free hosting account (username: masonp), and recently my password has seemed to not be working. When I try to login, it says that the credentials are not valid. The only thing I can assume is that my password was changed by someone somehow, although that seems very unlikely. My account is now suspended (for inactivity, I assume). I would reset my password, but unfortunately I had used a Lavabit email with my hosting account (masonprof@lavabit.com). Obviously I am unable to access this email due to Lavabit's closure. Is there some way that I can regain access to my account?

masonprof

Reaction score
I noticed that several people were having some sort of issue with logging in, and that that particular issue is fixed, but it's still not working for me. I receive the message "Invalid login information provided" when I try to sign in still.

masonprof

Reaction score
Sorry to keep posting, but is there any update on this? I'd really rather not lose my account for inactivity because I can't sign in.

hqmediax

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and I checked the status page, I'm assuming the problem is resolved but I'm still having an issue logging in

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. I have a free hosting account (username: masonp), and recently my password has seemed to not be working. When I try to login, it says that the credentials are not valid. The only thing I can assume is that my password was changed by someone somehow, although that seems very unlikely. My account is now suspended (for inactivity, I assume). I would reset my password, but unfortunately I had used a Lavabit email with my hosting account (masonprof@lavabit.com). Obviously I am unable to access this email due to Lavabit's closure. Is there some way that I can regain access to my account?
We would not change the password on any account, and the password should be the same as you use here at the forums. Are you using your email address or the cPanel username when you login to the portal? Both should work, but if you have issues using one of them you could always try the other as a first step. If that also fails I'll have a higher admin look into it for you.
I have unsuspended your account to prevent it from being deleted, however it would probably go back to suspended in a day or two since there's no login done.

masonprof

Reaction score
Thank you, Anna. I had to make a new account here for posting on the forums because it said that there was no user found when I tried to use the same email/password as my hosting account. I've used both my email address and the cPanel username to try to login, but they give the same results. The very strange thing is that my username and password still work perfectly for FTP access, so I have no clue what happened.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I've reset your email address on your account to the same one you use on these forums. If you're still unable to log in to your account, you should be able to successfully send a password reset now.

Status
Not open for further replies.