Password problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreade

Reaction score
Dear support team,

I am experiencing some problems with my password. At the moment I have one password for the cpanel, a different one for the forum, and the password for the ftp access has recently stopped working.
1) the forum password is not a problem, I can change it so that it is the same as my cpanel password. However, the reason why it is different is that I had to reset it because it stopped working, along with my ftp password.
2) my main concern is the ftp password. Even if I create an additional ftp account, where I can set the ftp password using cpanel, I still cannot access my files via ftp.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance,
Andrea

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of error, if any, do you get when accessing through ftp, is the error message the same if you use your cPanel credentials as when you use an ftp account you created through cPanel?

It does sound as your "base" password has gotten a bit messed up, using the function to change it through the account portal should resolve that problem as that should set all services that belong together, account portal/cPanel, ftp and forums, to get the same password.

andreade

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

thanks for your help. Unfortunately the problem persists. I reset my password in the account portal and what happened is that I could not login any more in the forum. Not with the old, nor with the new password. So I just reset once again the forum password in order to post.

The error I have when I try to log in via ftp is always "permission denied" when I enter the password. This happens for both my cPanel credentials and the account I created.

Other suggestions?
Thanks,
Andrea

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I'll have to pass this one up a bit in the chain when it comes to the inability for the system to sync the passwords between services.

I just tried something on your server, could you check if you are able to log in to ftp now? Also could you please let me know what address you use as host on ftp, to ensure it is one that actually points properly to your server.

andreade

Reaction score
Hi Anna,

I still cannot log in via ftp. I attempt to log in using andreadegasperi.x10.mx, see log below:
Code:
Looking up andreadegasperi.x10.mx
Trying andreadegasperi.x10.mx:21
Connected to andreadegasperi.x10.mx:21
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 17 of 50 allowed.
220-Local time is now 06:33. Server port: 21.
220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
USER andreade
331 User andreade OK. Password required
PASS xxxx
530 Login authentication failed
Disconnecting from site andreadegasperi.x10.mx
It appears that the username is recognised correctly.
Cheers,
Andrea

andreade

Reaction score
Hi there,

I still have this problem, both ftp and sftp accept my username but not my password. Could you please reset my ftp password at least?

Cheers,
Andrea

andreade

Reaction score
Hi there,

I still have this problem, is it possible to have my ftp password reset?

Cheers,
Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.