Password Protected Directories are not opening nor prompting for username & Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

nation13

Reaction score
hello,
I'm using wordpress and I have protect my wp-admin directory with Password Protection Directories from the cpanel but after the 503 error is over the site is give this issue that it when I open my wp-admin it gives that "The page isn't redirecting properly" on firefox and similar kind of errors on other browsers but when i unprotect the wp-admin directory it doesn't show any error and works fine please help me
site link: http://www.nationalsavings.pk/
wp-admin link: http://www.nationalsavings.pk/wp-admin/

nation13

Reaction score
yap another friend of mine was telling me that he too is experiencing that but don't know his server mine is too xo2.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi nation13 and tanak.sources16,

I've run a quick fix on both your protected directories. Please could you confirm whether this is now working? :)

Thank you,

tanak.sources16

Reaction score
Thank you ! to the box, it's ok!
I had a problem with passwords . I updated my access , it fonctionne.Merci much and thank you for your patience.

nation13

Reaction score
Thanks Dead-i for looking into the problem but the problem is still there and what i have figured out according to my limited knowledge is the path given in .htaccess of AuthUserFile is not working and last night i was working on the site so i remove the protection from wp-admin to do work but now i again protected and its same can you please looking in to it again Dead-i.
Thanx

nation13

Reaction score
Dead-i I don't know what you have fixed but before that I was not getting my mails and its forward was not working but from last night after you fixed something its working like charm thanks man hopefully password protected directories issue will be resolved :)

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi nation13,

I've fixed this for your wp-admin directory, by appending a line to your .htaccess. :)

Thank you,

nation13

Reaction score
Thanx Dead-i I really appreciate you for your time and help it solved the issue and yes i have checked that you have add
ErrorDocument 401 default
in the .htaccess and its working perfectly thanks dear God bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.