Password protection not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

aepx10m3

Reaction score
I have the following site hosted for free www.athertonenvironmentalprojects.org.uk

I have password protected the admin of the calendar, but when I click on the link, it takes me to a half built version of the index page. However, when I take the password protection off, it takes me to the right page.
It was originally working ok and as far as I know I haven't changed anything, it just started happening.
To test it, go to the Diary page and click on the words "Access Reader" on the right above the diary.
To confuse things further I have another site which uses the password protection and that works fine: http://zoejones.x10.mx/client area.htm click on Annabelle's Christening to see what should be happening.
Both appear to be set up the same way.
Any help would be appreciated.
I have tried deleting the whole site and re uploading, changing passwords and user names, all to no avail.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

It looks like you had a .htaccess file in your public_html directory, which was rewriting "diaryadministration" to your index.php file. This .htaccess file might have come from an old WordPress installation.

I have renamed the .htaccess file to ".htaccess.old", and I have changed the file permissions of "diaryadministration" to 755. Your password protected directory now appears to be working. ;)

Thank you,

aepx10m3

Reaction score
Thank you so much Dead-i. I have been trying to resolve this on the forum for the web software for weeks! I really appreciate your help. Thanks again
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.