Patent blog - Need feedback!

intellectip19

Reaction score
Hi. Me and my friend launched a blog related to Intellectual Property (hosted on x10hosting :)). My friend is a Patent Analyst and we could not actually find anything like this when she was studying for her course, hence we came up with the idea. It is just the beginning but we would really love your feedback and interaction on the blog so that we can make it better :)

Here is the link: Let's talk IP (http://www.letstalkip.com)

chessteaching48

Reaction score
The blog looks fine to me and already contains a lot of information.
I only wonder why you have decided to put this kind of information on a blogsite.

I don't say that it's not the right decision, because the categories and tags in WordPress can also be used to group some of the posts, but think about the things you want to accomplish and decide if something like a Wiki may be more suitable.
It will be more difficult to change it in the future.

Chess Improvement

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi. Me and my friend launched a blog related to Intellectual Property (hosted on x10hosting :)). My friend is a Patent Analyst and we could not actually find anything like this when she was studying for her course, hence we came up with the idea. It is just the beginning but we would really love your feedback and interaction on the blog so that we can make it better :)

Here is the link: Let's talk IP (http://www.letstalkip.com)
Nice Idea.
Great information.
You have made a right decision to use compositio free theme on the wordpress blog.But you did not compress the javascripts ,not could unite the CSS files.
Here is my brief report on the speed of the mainpage of the site
This page has 11 external Javascript scripts. Try combining them into one.
This page has 3 external stylesheets. Try combining them into one.
This page has 15 external background images. Try combining them with CSS sprites.
Decreasing the number of components on a page reduces the number of HTTP requests required to render the page, resulting in faster page loads. Some ways to reduce the number of components include: combine files, combine multiple scripts into one script, combine multiple CSS files into one style sheet, and use CSS Sprites and image maps.

Total page size is 41.88 KB(good design to have a small start page) and at 0.04 seconds still it took a whopping 1.78 seconds to load.
If you minify,compress the javascripts, you will definitely achieve great speeds and thus customers.

Regards,
VVBB
If you find my post useful,consider clicking the star in the lower left corner to give me some Reputation.

intellectip19

Reaction score
Well, I got busy and could not follow up. Sorry about that!

@chessteaching48: Well, it was my friend's idea and she wanted a blog. Also, we plan to include more resources as we increase our content.

@vv.bbcc19: Wow, nice set of info which as a blog admin even I did not know! The solution that you gave seems great but the problem is I don't know how to do them. Of course, I could try to learn how to do what you advised but I don't have time as I am a full-time professional. Could you point me towards a simple guide which can help me?

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As stated in another users post...it does take quite a bit of time to load...I do like the current theme you have, but I feel you can definitely find something else out there that would load sooo much quicker.

The load time is just long enough for me to not want to wait to see what shows up...but I reviewing it so here I am...

Here are my tips...

Get a new theme...there are many out there, you can definitely find something free out there, or even pay about 30$ for a premium great wordpress theme (which I do not suggest) you'll find one just as great for free..takes time to look.

With that note...the content on it, is just GREAT...

How many unique visits do you get every month?...how about organic visits from google for example?

I suggest you sign with google webmaster tools...which is free...just google it....get a adwords account, just so you can use it's keywords ranking feature...and while you're at it, use google analytics...

3 free tools, by google :) PERFECT TO USE....

I didn't really see many comments from people on the site...but I didn't really look for them...with that note...try to target specific keywords... if you can get a keyword to be the post name/title EVEN BETTER...what else can I say...ummmm....

If I had that knowledge you and your friend have showing up on your site...I would do something different with your site...to make some $$$$$

Here's what I suggest...(THOUGH, I would like some commission for some information I provide i'll just give you some making money tips...)...get google adsense account, and have NO MORE THEN 2 ad areas on your blog...one on the side, and one on the bottom of posts...(they appear above the comment area of a post)...

With that note, if you can get some views on your site...it's takes more work for this, but you could get at least 60 cents per click on your site...I only get 58.97 cents a click but I have no clue how they figure this stuff out...it's a good extra income source from keeping your site...

Also....have you thought about ebooks???? IF you are really that knowledgeable in your sector...which I see you both can be/are...there is money to be made...ebooks can sell anywhere from 1$ to $ 1,000.00, I've even offered an ebook at $ 10,000.00, but I guarantee certain results from that, I only offered 100 copies...my first REAL ONLINE income in my entire life...made that when I was 1/2 through sophomore year in High School...

If you can put the content in it...and since it's more of a "Professional" level of information, you could sell at 250$ a copy. and go down 20 bucks, every 3 months, until you reach 100$ then just sell at a flat 97$ FINAL...once again it depends...on what you have in mind, compared to what I have in mind.

With ebooks....there is $$ to be made.

I own a company known as Lagron's Inc., created solely as the "Owning Company" of all my sites/companies...

With it, I am in the process of creating (still in construction) a membership site... http://seduction.lagronsinc.com

Membership sites make a lot of money...with as few as 100 signed up members at 50$ each...you can move to a nice 3rd world country in Europe, near an ocean and live like a king on the beach with your laptop...(I am using the country of Macedonia or Albania) as an example...beutiful areas...perfect during the summers and CHEAP...lets take a look... Average monthly pay for a employee in Macedonia gets 600 Euros... and if they have no education/profession...a good 200 Euro's....with that note... 100 signups on a membership site, at 50$ each is 5k USD.... according to the currency exchange of dollars to dinars(macedonian currency) 50 x 100= 5000 dollars x 60 = 30K Dinars...that right there is about 20k more dinars a month...you'll be living like a king...enough with this....back on topic...

I like the site...I would love to see you sell an ebook at 197$ with at least 100 pages, in PDF...or a real printed version...(it's better so people can't just go around offering it for free to other people)...

With that note...I would love to see more comments on your posts...meaning, I want to see you target specific keywords... if you are good :) if not...get onto it....its the key to getting more unique visitors to your site.

Also...last but not least... MEMBERSHIP SITES....if you can figure out a way to work this out (I can think of something if you want to PM me...)...I can say at 30$ and 100 users...is more than enough to pay the mortgage to the house you and your friend may want to buy or something to that extent...

Um....Have you thought of Corporate Services? A new company idea, I have had for a month and 1/2 now...PM me for more information...being the first to do something is GREAT...if you're the first...there's more profits :) ...turn your hobby to a part time job making $$$.

Where am I going with this?.....Private message me please.

Thank you,
John Klyne

May your blog, bring you residual income!