Pay with PayPal and never enter a Credit card, possible?

unsplosion

Reaction score
I am wondering just that, if I could possibly sign up for paypal and earn money to my payal account, and then buy things online with that money.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it is possible - however you need a bank account to do it.

The other side-effect is without a credit card, it seems paypal likes to drag its feet by using an eCheck, which can take several business days to clear.

In any case, the answer in short is yes - get a checking/savings account, and have your bank give you their Routing Number and your Account Number - Paypal will make 2 small deposits to verify that it's your account (it makes the deposits, you have to tell them how much they are - its only pennies, but it's enough for them to verify that you control that account :) ).

I'd still recommend getting a CC, but if you've got the bank account that's enough to get some basic shopping done if you don't necessarily mind it being a bit slow.

unsplosion

Reaction score
Ah! I NEED a bank account or credit card? The funds cannot just stay in my account and then I spend them?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly I've never tried it without a bank acct or credit card, but I don't get why you'd want paypal without the bank account anyways.

If you can find a way to get the funds onto paypal, then it might let you spend them without a bank acct or cc, but again, I've not tried this.

If the issue is you being under 18 and thus unable to get either a cc or a bank account, then you'll have a problem anyways - Paypal only accepts users 18 or up. If you're under 18 and they find out, you'd likely have your acct suspended/frozen, and be unable to get to the funds whether they're yours or not.

Check the banks in your area though; the ones here are offering totally free checking, and if one in your area is as well, paypal's a heck of a lot easier once it's tied to a bank account.

mlsoft

Reaction score
Yes this is possible. That is how I started with PayPal. I use to do those PTC sites and got like $50 for 2-3 months clicks, with that money I was able to purchase something from a site that accepted PayPal. No credit card or bank account was needed, these are used to remove limits and verify your account.

dknight3

Reaction score
Yes this is possible. That is how I started with PayPal. I use to do those PTC sites and got like $50 for 2-3 months clicks, with that money I was able to purchase something from a site that accepted PayPal. No credit card or bank account was needed, these are used to remove limits and verify your account.
i think your wrong, i still have 30 stuck in an old account of mine.

wait a sec, they must have chagned it! SWEET im 33 dollars richer!!
Edit:
nope nvm you cant do it, need to add bank account or debit.

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
i think paypal charges for tranfering payments to your bank.Is it?

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
It can't be done either way...I have tried it many times...unless you get a debit card...that is the only way..

sunils

Reaction score
Paypal account can be created without connecting your bank account.
You can use paypal money to buy things online which accepts payment by paypal.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Does anybody know if money can be transfered from alertpay to paypal?

intenex

Reaction score
Personally, I have yet to try this, but I do believe I may have a solution.

I recently received a Charter One MasterCard Debit Giftcard, which is identical in all manners to a credit card save for the fact that it is not a credit card. I've used this card to buy a domain, register for free trials, et so on. Perfect and even better than a credit card in some respects, as you do not need to enter a valid billing address for the card to be accepted, as the card itself does not have your billing address on file. Virtually untraceable and all powerful (hugs card).

dirtracer36

Reaction score
There is no charge for transfering money from Paypal to or from your bank account. You can also use VeriSign to upgrade and better your Paypal account.

cstamper

Reaction score
You almost all wrong. I have NO credit card, or Bank account. And I use paypal to buy+sell on ebay. :)

Some things want a CC number *JUST* for address+identity verification. But I get along just fine without one.

computerkids

Reaction score
Paypal can not be used to by things unless you have linked to either a credit card orbank account.You can use a prepaid visa you can get online.

moiety

Reaction score
PayPal CAN be used to buy pretty well anything on the net- but you can't use the buy it now button and you have to talk to the vendor.

Hitting a buy it now button usually (but not always) takes you to the poxy CC page, which you can't get past. If you want something from the intertubes, contact the vendor, explain briefly about the CC page and ask them what email address they want the money sent to. Then send it. Easy.

I've being doing this all year with no problems. Vendors are there to take your money.

computerkids

Reaction score
Wow nobody seems to understand whats going on in this thread.
PAYPAl can never be used to pay anything unless the send limits (they start at zero) are lifted.
There are only 2 ways to lift the limit, number 1 is link to a bank account, number 2 is to link it with a debit or credit card issued in certain countries.Wthout doing one of these you cant spend a dime of your money.
The reason people are inquiring in this thread for a "virtual bank account" is because due to fraud paypal won't accept members from some countries Nigeria being one of them. So if I live in a banned country and need to get to my paypal funds I must first buy a virtual USA,Canada,india etc "Virtual Bank Account" which is in essence a prepaid Debit Card from an accepted country. Paypal will then check the balance for $1 and approve the account for withdrawl.The reason hundreds of people are viewing this thread is scammers need that virtual account to get their funds transfered out of paypal.
This entire thread should be deleted as it is being used to promote fraud on paypal

moiety

Reaction score
I disagree. The information is also useful to legit users like myself.

davegold

Reaction score
I disagree. The information is also useful to legit users like myself.
What sort of legitimate user isn't willing to make their bank account/credit card details known to a trusted company? :nuts:

vazersg

Reaction score
Well .. i think this think is very clear .... if you ever logged in to payal .. they will tell you excactly why you should get your account verified by cc or bank account.

As I know having not verified you will have few limitations like the sum limit to do transaction. You have to read to make sure you understand the system before you start using it, else you will be trap in the middle.

hlastimosa

Reaction score
I think you need a bank to do that and a few days for clearing as what others say :) I would love to try paypal as well :)