PayPal dispute suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For some reason my account has been suspended because of a PayPal dispute. Last night I had 7 unauthorised transactions made on my account and PayPal are looking into it and it could take upto 10 days. Is this why? If so, can you revert me back to the free hosting in the meantime or i could pay another way (debit card).

Thanks

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
You will need to contact Paypal to resolve this, we can not work with you while there is an open dispute.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, because all access is revoked when under a suspension.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll point Corey to this thread, he'll be the one that can access paypal from our end and thus the only one that can actually make a decision on this.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Status Details: After review, we found that this unauthorized activity claim is valid. According to the terms of our User Agreement, we have refunded the buyer using funds from your account. This case is now closed.

That is no different than going into a store, purchasing something, doing a charge back and then calling it resolved. Filing an illegal charge back with Paypal against us does not "resolve" it.

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean, my account was hacked and the investigation is still ongoing. If you have been refunded can you just change it back to a free account? Otherwise, what do i do?

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean, my account was hacked and the investigation is still ongoing. If you have been refunded can you just change it back to a free account? Otherwise, what do i do?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
See above, when paypal says the case is closed, it is not ongoing.

When they refunded the buyer (you) through funds from the sellers account (us), that's bad.

The way I'm reading Corey's last response would indicate he is not willing to unsuspend, but I'll check with him again.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Kk, got the low-down. If you re-purchase prime (since they refunded you for it from our account), the account can be unsuspended. If you opt not to repurchase prime, it'll remain suspended. Paypal's own response to x10 includes that they refunded you from our account, so if there's any question as to whether or not you got refunded, ask paypal and reference the dispute.

Reaction score
Ok, ill rebuy prime, but what if the same thing happens? i still don't actually know why the funds were rejected.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Hosting account is now upgraded, account still suspended!

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

I will pass this message onto Corey to ensure everything is okay. You can hopefully be unsuspended then.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The account has been unsuspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.